Author Topic: 3 Primetime Episodes in late 2020 (10/27, 11/2, 12/22)  (Read 14987 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
3 Primetime Episodes in late 2020 (10/27, 11/2, 12/22)
« on: October 20, 2020, 12:01:57 AM »
https://www.cbs.com/schedule/

I wouldn't post this alone without evidence. Amber taped at least one of these today, per her Instagram. (Google Drive copy thanks to jj/Kev).

October 27th seems likely along with Deal at night at 9pm, likely an attempt to remind the public that these shows are returning in a post-COVID world. November 2nd has a listing with no Deal, there is at least the possibility that is a rerun.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:04:08 AM by therealcu2010 »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: New Primetime Episode(s) Airing Imminently
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 12:10:53 AM »
Likely gonna be doctors/nurses/first responders?

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 05:37:35 AM »
More that CBS has something usable at its disposal for primetime than “reminding” viewers. Remember, they didn’t air Y&R at night when it returned, and it’s a high value daytime asset. Primetime doesn’t exist to showcase the daytime schedule. They just happen to have a good filler available.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 06:40:39 AM »
More that CBS has something usable at its disposal for primetime than “reminding” viewers. Remember, they didn’t air Y&R at night when it returned, and it’s a high value daytime asset. Primetime doesn’t exist to showcase the daytime schedule. They just happen to have a good filler available.

Y&R couldn't be just placed into Primetime cold like Price and Deal could though. Entirely different thing and for that matter crowd.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 07:27:24 AM »
I don’t know how budgeting and contracting work across television seasons but wasn’t there two nighttime shows not taped last season?  These might be make-goods as well as “hey, here’s a preview of the new season”.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 11:34:58 AM »
Y&R couldn't be just placed into Primetime cold like Price and Deal could though. Entirely different thing and for that matter crowd.
Agree you can't place it in cold. The point was this is not a means to promote the daytime show, that is but a secondary benefit. It's to fill a hole by reaching elsewhere into their resources. If the bulk of CBS primetime was fully up and running, they wouldn't be plugging the games in just to promote them returning. Use them to fill gaps during breaks and reduce a rerun here and there, sure.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
i know this doesn't' directly confirm the TPIR one, but https://deadline.com/2020/10/lets-make-a-deal-studio-return-primetime-specials-1234599941/ this does confirm the LMAD one

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 12:41:07 PM »
Looks like LMAD going primetime now leaves Wheel of Fortune as the only big daytime/syndicated game show that has never had a primetime special. :( 

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 12:55:54 PM »
i know this doesn't' directly confirm the TPIR one, but https://deadline.com/2020/10/lets-make-a-deal-studio-return-primetime-specials-1234599941/ this does confirm the LMAD one

CBS Press Release confirming the dates

TPIR episodes:
10/27 - front-line and essential workers
11/2 - appaarently, all of the contestants will be cast members of the CBS series The Neighborhood, although there will be some sort of home viewer component involved
third episode date and theme TBA

LMAD episodes:
10/27 - front-line and essential workers
12/21 - "holiday-themed"
Date TBA - guest Phil Keoghan; I am guessing an The Amazing Race tie-in of some sort
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:02:55 PM by ThatDonGuy »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: 3 Primetime Episodes in late 2020 (10/27, 11/2, TBA)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Updated the thread title and will continue to do so.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 01:22:59 PM »
Agree you can't place it in cold. The point was this is not a means to promote the daytime show, that is but a secondary benefit. It's to fill a hole by reaching elsewhere into their resources. If the bulk of CBS primetime was fully up and running, they wouldn't be plugging the games in just to promote them returning. Use them to fill gaps during breaks and reduce a rerun here and there, sure.
I think another difference between these shows and Y&R is that Y&R didn't have to drastically change much in order to come back. Some awkward distancing and trick camera shots to cover up some of that distancing and imply close contact. These are two shows completely reliant on having and featuring audiences, so there's far more interest as well in seeing how they adapt to such a drastic adjustment. So, it's not only to fill a hole, but it's because they know there will also be some interest. More than Y&R just picking up and finishing its "Victor's covering up a 30 year old murder"

Looks like LMAD going primetime now leaves Wheel of Fortune as the only big daytime/syndicated game show that has never had a primetime special. :( 
LMAD left WOF that way a long time ago when it aired in primetime on NBC in 2003 and the one-off edition done for Gameshow Marathon.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 01:51:27 PM »
LMAD left WOF that way a long time ago when it aired in primetime on NBC in 2003 and the one-off edition done for Gameshow Marathon.
Oh hell, LMAD was in that category before WOF ever existed, if you consider the 1967 NBC primetime run and the 1969-1971 ABC primetime shows that directly spawned the 1971-1977 syndicated run.

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 05:51:11 PM »
I hadn't considered that we could see celebrity episodes where the celebrities are the contestants instead of playing alongside them.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »
I hadn't considered that we could see celebrity episodes where the celebrities are the contestants instead of playing alongside them.

I guess that'd be a first for any era of Price, even Cullen, (despite having one celebrity play for someone in the audience in the final 2 years of the run), an all celebrity show. I'd be curious how that'd play relative to the typical contestant led one.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 06:50:28 PM »
I guess that'd be a first for any era of Price, even Cullen, (despite having one celebrity play for someone in the audience in the final 2 years of the run), an all celebrity show. I'd be curious how that'd play relative to the typical contestant led one.

What about the TPIR episode of Gameshow Marathon?

As for how it will be played, the press release makes it sound like each of the six pricing games will be played by a different cast member; I have a gut feeling there won't be any IUFBs, and the games will all be for money, the way a Big Money Week Friday episode works. That only leaves the showcases, which, for all I know, will have a home viewer assigned to each of the two celebrities involved.