Author Topic: official-branded Plinko board game possibly coming  (Read 10455 times)

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: official-branded Plinko board game possibly coming
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2020, 08:50:58 AM »
I brought mines at our local Target it was near the board games. I have it set up for decoration.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 10:13:46 PM »
Went to Target in Elmhurst, Queens, NY today (8/10/20) and looked for the game so I could take a picture of the actual product for this thread.  And here it is...

Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 12:37:55 AM »
Went to Target in Elmhurst, Queens, NY today (8/10/20) and looked for the game so I could take a picture of the actual product for this thread.  And here it is...

Smart people, putting it on the shelf right next to Super Ball!!. ;)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 08:19:40 AM »
Picked mine up at Target last week. My store in Augusta, GA also put Plinko next to Skee-Ball. I thought the same thing, Steve- great minds think alike!

I love the Plinko board! I have to tilt it back a bit to keep the chips from flying off the board. I love the lights and sound effects. They did well!
1,686 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline LudoRex

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2020, 12:14:39 PM »
My roommate, a mutual friend and I played it last night and we were underwhelmed. The chips became projectiles more often than not. However, this might be a worthy do-it-yourself project for the motivated and talented.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2020, 04:12:14 PM »
Anyone else on here from New Jersey see the game on the shelf at their local Target? I didn't see it at my local store in Hackensack yesterday.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
For something that costs $40, it really shouldn't come with any major defect.

I'm more forgiving towards it since it comes off as a realistic scaled down version of the board which is pretty cool in itself, outside of its functionality. It seems as though a neat fix for the flying chips is to do what the show had to do and make your own shield for the board using rubber bands. I haven't had too many flying chips as a problem with my own board, but I think it's something that's a problem with probably a vast majority of copies even if slightly.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline radioboy

• 6/1/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2020, 04:57:34 PM »
The quality control on these boards is TERRIBLE. Had to buy 4... yes FOUR before finally getting one that was passable. Many either came scratched, or the laminate was coming off, or the two halves of the board wouldn't match up properly. The QA is really bad on this.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »
Just a heads up this just went on sale on Target.com for $31.99, 20% off. If you already got it just start a chat with them or call the 800 number to get your $8 plus tax back  xlx

EDIT: For some reason the chat agent said they only owed be $6 back, I told her it should be $8 and she changed it to $8 back, so be careful of the amount when talking to them
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:32:11 AM by sayingsorry »

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2020, 08:29:01 PM »
Just a heads up this just went on sale on Target.com for $31.99, 20% off.

I visited the Target in the Queens Place Mall in Elmhurst, Queens, NY today (10/28/20) and found the Plinko game on sale for $31.99.  Unlike sayingsorry's report from two months ago of it being available online for that price, this is the actual in-store retail price.

If you don't live out here, there's a good chance you can find the Plinko game for $31.99 at a Target near you.  The shelf tag indicates that the price will be in effect until 11/21, so if for some reason you can't find it for $31.99 at a Target near you, you've got plenty of time to come on down to Elmhurst and get one for yourself or a loved one.   :-D
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.