Author Topic: 2020 College Football  (Read 11077 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: 2020 College Football
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 09:16:31 AM »
Trevor Lawrence is officially out of the Heisman running.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 07:38:37 PM »
Trevor Lawrence is officially out of the Heisman running.

The question is (for me at least) is if he's no longer a lock for the Top Overall pick.  If Lawrence doesn't take another snap and Fields dominates going forward, I still think it'll be Trevor to New York but I don't know if I'd bet that.

Meanwhile, the FOX College Football Team have all dealt with Positive Covid.  Not sure if it's one or 5, but the entire team is out for the Big Noon Kickoff coverage this Saturday.  Looks like the first time a major pregame team has been affected by the coronavirus
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 07:17:55 AM »
Tulsa-Navy and Washington-California games for tomorrow have been cancelled.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
As has Wisconsin-Purdue.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 07:36:01 PM »
No. 8 Florida has all but punched their ticket to the SEC Championship with a 44-28 win over no. 5 Georgia.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 11:45:24 PM »
The social media handles or to go old school the switchboards at NBC are likely being flooded with two groups of people being kvetch over a portion of the game being moved to USA Network to broadcast victory speeches from President-Elect Joe Biden and Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris and delayed Saturday Night Live as the game went into double overtime as #4 Norte Dame knocks off #1 Clemson Tigers 47-40 and snapping the Tigers 36-game regular season winning streak.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:51:40 PM by jude_este »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 11:46:01 PM »
I guess I underestimated the Gators this year.  Whether it's them or Georgia, they still have a ways to go before topping Alabama.  Though this year who knows?

Man there are going to be a lot of pissed off people tomorrow when they find out their SNL DVR was ruined by Notre Dam & Clemson!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 11:51:06 PM »
Notre Dame and Clemson lived up to the hype. A 47-40 Notre Dame win in double overtime to give the Irish a HUGE win and snap Clemson's 36 game regular season winning streak and cast some doubt on Clemson's playoff hopes.

At this nanosecond it looks like Alabama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame control their own destiny for playoff spots.

Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 12:36:21 AM »
Notre Dame and Clemson lived up to the hype. A 47-40 Notre Dame win in double overtime to give the Irish a HUGE win and snap Clemson's 36 game regular season winning streak and cast some doubt on Clemson's playoff hopes.

At this nanosecond it looks like Alabama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame control their own destiny for playoff spots.

You can add Clemson to that list. 

The Clemson Tigers will need to have every team in the Pac-12 lose at least once.  If that happens they should be okay.  I hardly think the Committee will put Cincinnati over them if the Tigers win out.  This year, as of November 8th, 2020, it will be impossible for both Notre Dame and Clemson to run the table

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 10:06:55 AM »
Georgia-Florida was a war of attrition, injuries on both sides. Georgia couldn't overcome them or lackluster performances from their quarterbacks or their defense.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »
Pre-life, real-life, and post-life.  Dreams or nightmares, I can't say I'd live in a world where Penn State and Nebraska would be playing for their first win of the season.  In November

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2020, 11:03:15 PM »
The thing that weirds me out the most about the Big Ten season is not Nebraska, Michigan, or Penn State being bad. No, the thing that weirds me out the most about the Big Ten season is Indiana being this good. 
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »
Five games either postposed or canceled this weekend: Charlotte at Marshall, Georgia Tech at Miami, Ole Miss at Texas A&M, Louisiana-Monroe at Louisiana Tech and Arizona State at Colorado.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »
Five games either postposed or canceled this weekend: Charlotte at Marshall, Georgia Tech at Miami, Ole Miss at Texas A&M, Louisiana-Monroe at Louisiana Tech and Arizona State at Colorado.

Georgia Tech already had their game from this past weekend cancelled.  I'm not a fan of forfeits, but given their record and how we're close to winter, maybe it might be time to pull the plug for GT.  The Pac-12, meanwhile, just started, so that sucks for ASU & Colorado.  Though ASU's head coach tested positive and that's a big deal

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 06:56:52 AM »
Ole Miss/Texas A&M was the CBS game at 3:30 Eastern. It has been replaced with San Diego State at Nevada (simulcast with CBS Sports Network).
--Michel de Montaigne