Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/2/2020 (TPiR at Night Season 49 Preview 2: The Neighborhood)  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Episode #41SP (TPiR at Night Season 49 Preview 2: The Neighborhood)
Aired – 11/2/2020; Taped – X/X/2020
Models: James O'Halloran, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: N/A (due to COVID-19)
First Four Contestant Seating: 1, 3, 2, 4

This is a celebrity special. All contestants are from The Neighborhood. They are playing for The Boys and Girls Clubs of America. The prizes are winnable for us normal civilians on priceisright.com.

First IUFB: Scooter (Kymco: Super 8 150X with 151cc engine, CVT, helmet); ARP: $2,499 (James)

BETH MAX TICHINA CEDRIC
5000 2552 1100 3100

The winner is...
TICHINA

Tichina Arnold, in a boot due to a bone spur is playing PLINKO! for a chance to win $50,000!.

Drew gives her a free Plinko chip.
$

Chip #1 (Makeup Mirror) (Rachel):

She picks 9...
WIN!
$49
$

Chip #2 (Food Container):

She picks 2...
$
WIN!
$28

Chip #3 (Fondue Pot):

She picks 4...

Chip #4 (Essential Oil Diffuser):

She picks 3...
$
WIN!
$36

Tichina drops the first chip...

$

0 10
0 1
$

Tichina drops the second chip...

$

0 10
0 1
$

Tichina drops the third chip...

$

0 10
0 1
$

Tichina drops the fourth chip...

$

0 10
0 1
$

LOSS (Total Winnings: $11,213)

Second IUFB: Wine Cellar (Danby: 14cuft wine cellar with 129 bottle capacity); ARP: $2,299 (James)

BETH MAX SHEAUN CEDRIC
2500 1 8000 3100

The winner is...
MAX

Max Greenfield is playing Vend-O-Price for $15,000 in cash (Rachel).

TEA
POT PIE
COOKIES

Max pulls the lever on the candy shelf, as they think it's the most expensive.

$1.79
$16.11
$4.99
$14.97
$3.99
$23.94

WIN

Third IUFB: Electronics Package (65in 4K UHD smart television with QLED color technology and home theatre system with soundbar and subwoofer; TCL: smartphone with 64MP camera); ARP: $1,530 (Rachel)

BETH HANK SHEAUN CEDRIC
1 10000 4500 2800

The winner is...
BETH

Beth Behrs is playing 1/2-Off for a chance to win $10,000!

Inside one of these boxes in $10,000! The rest have nothing. Beth can eliminate some of the boxes by guessing which item is half-off it's ARP.

BINOCULARS $14 $100

HAIR
DRYER

She picks the hair dryer...

BINOCULARS

$14 $100 $100

Wrong! None of the boxes are elminated...

WATER
BOTTLE
$60 $40

PEDICURE
KIT

She picks the kit...

WATER
BOTTLE
$60 $40 $80

Correct! Half of the boxes are elminated...

KETTLE $75 $54

PET
BOWL

She picks the pet bowl...

KETTLE $75 $54 $54

Wrong! None of the boxes are elminated...

Box picked:

Inside the box:

Money inside box:

LOSS (Total Winnings: $140)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Beth $1,670 40 65 1.05
OVER
Tichina $13,712 100 1.00
*$1,000!*
Max $17,299 15 40 .55

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 TOTAL RESULT
Tichina $14,712 55 .55
*SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Designer Accessories (Jimmy Choo: wallet and dress shoes; mini crossbody bag and stilettos for her); ARP: $2,815 (Rachel)

MARCEL HANK SHEAUN CEDRIC
8000 5000 3000 69

The winner is...
CEDRIC

Cedric the Entertainer is playing Pick-A-Pair for $10,000 in cash (James).

Today's grocery items are:

1. Athenos Feta Cheese (8oz)
  2. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (23oz)
  3. Green Giant Sliced Mushrooms (6oz)
  4. Distilled White Vinegar
  5. Breyer's Ice Cream
  6. Softsoap Hand Soap (50oz)

FETA CHEESE HOT SAUCE MUSHROOMS VINEGAR ICE CREAM HAND SOAP

Cedric picks the hot sauce and the ice cream.

HOT SAUCE     ICE CREAM  
FETA CHEESE $5.49 MUSHROOMS VINEGAR $5.49 HAND SOAP

WIN

So, apparently there weren't enough cast members present to run a full 9 as none of the recurring stars were there. So. The next two call-on-downs will result in doubles.

Fifth IUFB: Podcast Studio (Blue Microphones: 2 headsets; Apple: 21.3in iMac with 8GB RAM of RAM and 256GB SSD; Autonomics: chair, standing desk, filing cabinet); ARP: $3,705 (James)

MARCEL HANK SHEAUN BETH, AGAIN
1300 3000 2399 4000

The winner is...
HANK

Hank Greenspan, who is 10.5, is playing SECRET X for $25,000 in cash (Rachel).

Hank places the free X...

The small prizes are:

1. Digital Tape Measure (James)
  2. Tortilla Toaster
?

?

X
?

$30
$65
Tape Measure

$30
$65
$30
?

?

?

$99
$175
Toaster

$99
$175
$99
?

?

?

The secret X is revealed...

X

WIN (Total Winnings: $25,030)

Sixth IUFB: Gaming Table (Rack Pool Tables: 2-in-1 game table with accessories); ARP: $1,700 (James v. Rachel)

MARCEL MAX, AGAIN SHEAUN BETH, AGAIN
1001 1125 999 1500

The winner is...
BETH, AGAIN

Beth, again, is playing It's In The Bag for a chance to win up to $16,000.

Grocery items:

1. Campbell's Chunky Soup (18oz)
  2. Mop & Glo Cleaner (32oz)
  3. Baby Food (4oz)
  4. Centrum Silver for Women Multivitamins (120oz)
  5. Queso Dip (16oz)
  6. Garnier Fructis Shampoo (18oz)

BABY FOOD
VITAMINS
SOUP
FLOOR CLEANER
QUESO DIP

99¢
$12.99
$2.29
$7.99
$4.99

BABY FOOD
VITAMINS
SOUP
FLOOR CLEANER
QUESO DIP

$1,000
$2,000
$4,000
$8,000
$16,000

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Cedric $12,815 85 STAY .85 *SHOWCASE*
Beth, Again $17,700 30 15 .45
Hank $28,735 55 95 1.50
OVER

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Tichina has the honors...

SC1 - Cedric

STAR OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD
  • Riding Lawn Mower (Cub Cadet: Lawn tractor with 42in blade) (James)
  • New Backyard (Bull: Stainless steel island with 4 burner grill, sink, porcelain top, 2 stools; Pawleys Island: plush pillow top hammock, dining table) (Rachel)
  • 2020 Ford Ranger 4x2 SuperCab XL (2.3L engine, electronic 10-speed AT, EG 101A, STX appearance package, carpeted floor with mats) (James)
Bid: $20,560

SC2 - Tichina

ONE REALLY GOOD TIME
  • Exercise Bike (Echelon: App-run indoor bike) (James)
  • Trip to Pebble Beach (RT Coach to Monterey, CA for a 5n stay in a junior fireplace suite at the Hotel Pacific + daily breakfast, 1d luxury rental car, round of golf at public beach) (James)
  • 2021 Toyota Prius L Eco-Hybrid (1.8L gas-electric engine, FWD, door edge guards, ECVT, carpeted floor mats, cargo net, rear bumper applique) (Rachel)
Bid: $30,000
Cedric
$20,560
TRUCK
$40,291
$19,731
TRUCK
Tichina
$30,000
TRIP/CAR
$34,288
$4,288
TRIP/CAR
*WIN*
$49,000

Results: 4 out of 6 (Plinko center slot hit)
Winnings: $127,219
Charity Winnings: $112,388
Biggest Winner: Tichina

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:14:56 AM by SteveGavazzi »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Look, I know the show donated to charity, which is great and all, but having Beth Behrs called down twice in the same show feels wrong.

Almost as wrong as the top non-Plinko cash prize offered in Secret "X"...
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Hey, it's not everyday that they have two contestants bid $8,000 in Contestant's Row.

It was a fine special, but part of me expected them to just not do another Come on Down after game four and just have three and two contestants battle for the final games.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Ladies and gentlemen, the slippery slope has begun. I predict that within the next year one contestant will play Plinko six times in one show.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Ladies and gentlemen, the slippery slope has begun. I predict that within the next year one contestant will play Plinko six times in one show.
This is ridiculous. They played the rules loose since it was celebs only. I don't see it happening on any show with actual contestants.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a baloney take. The show clearly probably should've been much surer about getting a full cast, but this is an utter baloney.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
This is ridiculous. They played the rules loose since it was celebs only. I don't see it happening on any show with actual contestants.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a baloney take. The show clearly probably should've been much surer about getting a full cast, but this is an utter baloney.
Lol, your sarcasm detectors need tune-ups. Sure it's weird but given being short on contestants, I see why they did what they did.

Also, love the 8k and 10k bids! And sorta funny how $69 wins in IUFB 4.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
It was a fine special, but part of me expected them to just not do another Come on Down after game four and just have three and two contestants battle for the final games.

If they had only two contestants bidding on an item, the second one could have just bid $1 more than the first one and been guaranteed to get on stage unless the first contestant got the price exactly right. I'm not saying I like the idea of having (celebrity) contestants re-called to bidders' row, but it is better than having 2 contestants for an IUFB.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
I do agree that if they do this again, they should have enough celebrities so there are no repeats, but it was still a fun show!

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
Love the rare all small prize/ grocery item games lineup!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
This was a good enough episode and The Neighborhood cast did what they could to act like regular contestants and have fun, but this episode was definitely a step down from last week's. Last week's felt like a true primetime show, tonight didn't. It felt more like a Big Money Week episode without a game offering $100,000+. I also assumed there would be civilians selected to receive the same prizes shown on Zoom rather than the priceisright.com contests.

I was surprised they used the same montage for the opening as last week and George didn't say at the beginning it was the cast of The Neighborhood playing. Also surprising they had Hank Greenspan playing on his own. Having two of them called down twice because there were only seven cast members present was definitely unique, either they could've had two other actors/actresses who appear on the show play or eliminate the Item up the Bids for this episode and just have the six adult cast members play a pricing game with Hank there playing along with them. It's not like they took the bidding seriously anyway.

At least the first two sets of SPs should've been correctly guessed in 1/2 Off. The third was definitely tough, not sure many would've picked the kettle.

First four bags were very easy in It's in the Bag, I was surprised the last bag was the queso and not the conditioner.

Wow that first Showcase was surprisingly expensive.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
This was a pretty silly episode, which I guess was the point -- all the contestants knew each other, so they were able to goof around, and they all still tried to win as much as they could for the charity.  Having an all-cash lineup was a good idea, and I like that there were still ways for people to win the IUFBs and the Showcase.  I wouldn't want this to become a regular thing, but for what it was, it was decent.

I can't decide whether I like the look of the chip stand in Plinko, but it's certainly a sensible way to run the game.  It's also kind of crazy to see them have to utilize nine Plinko chips.

It was interesting to get a side view of Secret "X".  I wonder how many unusual shots like that we're going to end up with this year.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Not counting the Game$how Marathon episode hosted by Ricki Lake in 2006, this is the first-ever TPIR to actually be played by celebrities. Given that they could only use seven people for this episode, I sort of expected that twist of two people who had not yet won their way into the Showcase to be called down again.

This time around, I noticed that they added a stand for five Plinko chips, and yet when Rachel flipped the right price for the SPs, another chip would still be there. Also, only James handled both sides of the 1/2 Off SP stand, and the contestant now handles the Secret "X" board themselves by actually taking out the X's and placing them on the board, then pushing the button to reveal the secret X. First Balance Game gets a container for the Drew Dollar, and now Vend-O-Price gets one for the coin to be dropped into the machine. However, It's in the Bag was still handled in the same manner as before, with both models placing the GPs on the main table.

It made sense to have an all-cash show, even if it came off as an El Cheapo version of Big Money Week.

As expected, there was some humor in the One-Bids, like when Max tried to bid $0 on the second IUFB, and Drew told him that wasn't allowed. On the fourth IUFB, Cedric bid $69...and I'm sure he was shocked that he actually won!

I wonder if the priceisright.com prize winners will have their prizes delivered in separate video segments, as was done on G$M (remember Todd Newton?). However, it'll probably not be aired on CBS, but the website will have those videos up.

One more thing...even with the boot on her right foot, Tichina was easily the star of the show, with a beautiful playing of Plinko and a great Showcase win. Major props to her, and the rest of the cast for being the class act that they are. Can't wait to see how the new season of The Neighborhood unfolds in two weeks!

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
Wonder what would've happened if Beth and Beth-Again had both made it to the showcases? :lol:

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
Wonder what would've happened if Beth and Beth-Again had both made it to the showcases? :lol:
This would be impossible -- had Beth made it to the showcases, she wouldn't have been called down again; someone else would've been called down instead (specifically, Tichina since she would've been the one to lose SCSD 1 instead of Beth, and since the "second chance" contestants were the losers of SCSD 1))
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 08:59:27 AM by GameShowFan9001 »