Author Topic: Predictions for New Game Handling  (Read 2787 times)

Online Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Predictions for New Game Handling
« on: November 03, 2020, 02:12:11 PM »
Already, in the two nighttime specials we've seen many games being handled a lot differently than usual, which will carry over into the daytime show for Season 49. So I've decided to start a new thread where we can share our thoughts on how the handling of certain games will change.

I'll get the ball rolling with some ideas of my own:

1 Right Price--Model A presents both prizes, then Model B brings out the 1 right price. After the contestant makes his/her choice, Model B places the price tag on the selected prize, with Model A going to the one that was not selected.

3 Strikes--All the number and strike chips/balls are now handled by the contestant, who will discard any correctly-placed numbers and the first two strikes into the board and returns the wrong numbers back to the bag/big spinning ball and mixing them up again.

Bullseye--Since the game reveal is now fully electronic, Drew simply asks where the hidden bullseye is if and when a second chance is needed, and either the hidden bullseye or the word SORRY lights up without any contact. Also, the contestant places any earned arrows on their appropriate spot on the board.

Check Game--The player simply removes the pen from its holder and writes the check.

10 Chances--Same as Check Game, plus the contestant hits the corresponding button to see if they are right.

Now what are your predictions for the games?

Offline TinoStar11

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Predictions for New Game Handling
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 03:22:27 PM »
Spelling Bee: probably no model and Drew removes the cards from the board and places them in the bottom.

Hole in 1: Drew probably takes no putts this season.

Bonus Game / Now or Then / Squeeze Play / Coming or Going: Drew stands to the board's right

Card Game: both sets of cards are fanned out before the game even starts

Danger Price: only 1 model is hitting the buttons

Eazy as 123: the rolling table that holds the blocks is not rolled out and its visible before the game is shown

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 03:49:18 PM »
Bullseye--Since the game reveal is now fully electronic, Drew simply asks where the hidden bullseye is if and when a second chance is needed, and either the hidden bullseye or the word SORRY lights up without any contact. Also, the contestant places any earned arrows on their appropriate spot on the board.

The contestant usually doesn't touch anything in Bullseye anyway. Not sure why they'd need to take steps to automate the reveals when the "tap by the host" method still works fine, just position the contestant farther away. Need a closer view of a product? Drew can step aside.

Danger Price: only 1 model is hitting the buttons

That would look unnecessarily awkward when the models can just stand a hair further away from each other and step in to hit their respective buttons.

Hole in 1: Drew probably takes no putts this season.

Can the show not afford a second putter?

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 03:58:21 PM »
One Away- Drew will turn the numbers like he did the first couple years. I think thats a guarantee.

I think for sure something will change for Five Price Tags. Probably will leave the tags out the whole time instead of wheeling the stand off to the side for the small prizes. Drew will pull tags like they used to.

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 11:01:37 PM »
Race Game: The contestant will pick up the price tags from the rack, and Drew won’t pull the lever at the start to light up the “0” and the “4”.  In this case, Drew stands to the left of the contestant.  Also, the models won’t be able to help the contestant put the price tags on the four stands. Perhaps some additional time on the clock is in order?
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 10:06:18 AM »
Dice Game: The contestant picks up each die, then after rolling, places it into each respective hole. Drew of course, like many games stands off to the side.

Grocery Game: Rachel (or whatever model rings the register) steps aside for a moment as Drew selects each price tag, though I wouldn't be surprised if the register was moved elsewhere.

Lucky Seven: The dollar bills are placed on a stand next to a box at the start of the game, and for each number the contestant is off, s/he must place each dollar in that designated box.

Pathfinder: Drew stands off of the board, or at least three squares away if possible. Perhaps a split screen wipe could be used if necessary?

Pocket Change/Punch-a-Bunch: The contestants tell Drew which packet to choose or hole to punch, so to avoid coming in contact with the slips in each hole or avoiding contact with exchanging each packet. Perhaps letters/numbers could be installed to identify a specific hole/packet to be punched/picked.

Safe Crackers: Either Drew or a Model will be responsible for both opening/closing the safe to reveal/hide the prize, as well as to reopen the safe to see if the contestant won. Only the contestant will be able to touch the dials on the safe, where Drew would tell the contestant to turn the first dial to see what the three number choices are on each dial.

Shell Game: Only Drew shuffles the shells and places the chips beside each of them.

Or a second ball even?

Race Game: The contestant will pick up the price tags from the rack, and Drew won’t pull the lever at the start to light up the “0” and the “4”.  In this case, Drew stands to the left of the contestant.  Also, the models won’t be able to help the contestant put the price tags on the four stands. Perhaps some additional time on the clock is in order?

I disagree about added time, but as long as you're in the process on making a change as time expires, the change can be completed.

Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline TinoStar11

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 11:10:08 AM »

Why I said he's not gonna putt is because of social distancing , he isn't gonna let the contestant hold the mic during the time he would normally putt.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 01:15:43 PM »
Card Game: The contestant chooses the range card and places it in the slot him/herself and then selects each card and just leaves it face up on the table rather than handing to Drew. I do wonder if they'll switch to using a fixed range each playing instead of the random selection, or find another method besides the cards for the range selection to reduce contact.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 09:18:03 PM »
Flip Flop: Drew asks the contestant whether s/he wants to flip, flop, or flip flop, and Drew does the flipping, plus Drew pushes the button behind the prop.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 01/26/15
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 07:20:48 AM »
Let 'Em Roll might end up the strangest due to how the game plays out.

"Alright, go collect your own dice."
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II); G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.
Quote from: bobbingforapples
Why was he unbanned? He hasn't changed.

Online tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 09:27:54 AM »
Let 'Em Roll might end up the strangest due to how the game plays out.

"Alright, go collect your own dice."

Not necessarily, the contestant does not need to actually touch the dice. It would, however, require Rachel (or Drew, or whomever) to get within six feet of the contestant for those few seconds.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
Season 16 cash earnings: $274,708 (+$31,284 scrimmage cash)
Season 17 cash earnings: $58,732
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

“People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
Surprised no one has mentioned Switch?

Online pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2020, 03:06:17 PM »
Flip Flop: Drew asks the contestant whether s/he wants to flip, flop, or flip flop, and Drew does the flipping, plus Drew pushes the button behind the prop.

Seeing an old playing of Range Game from the Barker era made me think of it too, Drew would likely hit the button now.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2020, 03:35:46 PM »
Why would Drew press the Range Game button? He doesn't have to be anywhere near the board for any part of that game.

Switch will gain an tinge of dark humor as the models will make a big deal over staying six feet away from one another while they cross by.

Master Key is doable, but it will require a lot of choreography. One of Drew's jobs in that game is to make sure the contestant doesn't use the car-only key first, but I don't see how he'll be able to control that now.

Obviously, the staging of Temptation will have to change. There are multiple ways to do it -- I wonder which the show will choose.

I'm most curious about Punch a Bunch.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. The next time you're at a checkout counter and you hear the beep...

Online pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2020, 03:44:45 PM »
Why would Drew press the Range Game button? He doesn't have to be anywhere near the board for any part of that game.

Switch will gain an tinge of dark humor as the models will make a big deal over staying six feet away from one another while they cross by.

Master Key is doable, but it will require a lot of choreography. One of Drew's jobs in that game is to make sure the contestant doesn't use the car-only key first, but I don't see how he'll be able to control that now.

Obviously, the staging of Temptation will have to change. There are multiple ways to do it -- I wonder which the show will choose.

I'm most curious about Punch a Bunch.

Well the theory I am thinking about is they wouldn't want a contestant to press it, but.....then again if they sanitize stuff anyway (like the Wheel) than I suppose it's a moot issue.

Interesting on Master Key BTW, I never knew that it was staged in such a way as to what key is used first, though it makes sense. Would Drew and Bob before him have always known which key was the car only key ahead of time when they played this? Or would they get a signal from a stagehand after the fact? I'd assume the latter particularly in Bob's era, but that's only a guess.