Author Topic: Predictions for New Game Handling  (Read 2783 times)

Offline PunchABunchFan

• Outside in Line
Re: Predictions for New Game Handling
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
Post deleted - Just realized Half off - was played in the second primetime special - which I haven't seen - sorry!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 04:44:19 PM by PunchABunchFan »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 10:03:51 PM »
Master Key is doable, but it will require a lot of choreography. One of Drew's jobs in that game is to make sure the contestant doesn't use the car-only key first, but I don't see how he'll be able to control that now.
I could perhaps see them making a stand similar to the one used for Plinko to hold the earned keys that the contestant places them in. Someone off camera/offstage (let's say Chris) keeps track of which keys were earned and relays to Drew which key the contestant should pick up and try first.

In Punch, I wonder if Drew would either use gloves to retrieve the slip or perhaps he or a model gets the slip from the back of the board.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline djlynch

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 11:17:29 PM »
Flip Flop: Drew asks the contestant whether s/he wants to flip, flop, or flip flop, and Drew does the flipping, plus Drew pushes the button behind the prop.

Given that the second primetime episode included a contestant pressing the button to reveal whether they won, I think they could do that with Flip Flop. Or, if the reveal is too well hidden after that one contestant hit it prematurely, give the model a card with the price instead of anyone hitting the button.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »
Would Drew and Bob before him have always known which key was the car only key ahead of time when they played this? Or would they get a signal from a stagehand after the fact? I'd assume the latter particularly in Bob's era, but that's only a guess.

In an interview in March 2016, Roger said he would hold up two cards at some point during gameplay - one with a number on it which indicated that was the car key, and the other with a number and an asterisk indicating that was the master key.

It was up to the host after that to build the appropriate tension depending which keys were picked. Drew has flubbed this in the past.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »
Surprised no one has mentioned Switch?
You could very easily move the stands to the inside of the prizes and have one model operate both (even at the same time).  The whole "don't run into each other" schtick would go away, but hey.
Any closer and Bob gives it away.
(except this was a Drew MDS)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 11:32:38 AM »
Maybe the price displays on Switch? will go digital, so the models are no longer involved?

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 01:45:23 PM »
Something like that I would imagine is meant to be permanent, and to remove the models physically switching the prices removes what makes the game fun.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
Season 16 cash earnings: $274,708 (+$31,284 scrimmage cash)
Season 17 cash earnings: $58,732
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

“People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 10:52:00 PM »

Master Key is doable, but it will require a lot of choreography. One of Drew's jobs in that game is to make sure the contestant doesn't use the car-only key first, but I don't see how he'll be able to control that now.

I'm most curious about Punch a Bunch.

I know it would take the contestant interaction out of it but why can't Drew pick the keys and use them for the contestant? It would be awkward to have him reveal the price of prizes then move out of the way each time to pick a key

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 04:16:43 PM »
I know it would take the contestant interaction out of it but why can't Drew pick the keys and use them for the contestant? It would be awkward to have him reveal the price of prizes then move out of the way each time to pick a key

Perhaps just move the stand holding the keys to one side, so the contestant stands there and gives the choices, and if correct grabs a key?  That way, Drew can stay by the prices and do that part without the contestant having to come close to him.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
Obviously, the staging of Temptation will have to change. There are multiple ways to do it -- I wonder which the show will choose.

This is the one game I'm most interested to see how they handle. My guess would be the car in door 3, game board and gifts with TT/Race Game staging, Drew next to the board and the contestant 6 ft away.

All the gifts will be visible at once, but a single model can walk and George could still describe them one at a time.

A bit clunky, but sure beats not playing the game at all.

Offline StacksOfCash

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2020, 05:09:28 AM »
Surprised no one has mentioned Switch?

I could see the price tags being double sided. So instead of models swapping positions, they simply just flip the price tag over.