Author Topic: Help! Desperately seeking 70s episode my mum wasnít on  (Read 512 times)

Offline kellula

• Outside in Line
Help! Desperately seeking 70s episode my mum wasnít on
« on: November 08, 2020, 03:35:35 PM »
Hi

Trying to surprise my mum for her 70th birthday. She was on prime time Bob Barker episode between 1976-1978 (sorry I canít be more specific). She was runner up in showcase final. She would have won a fur coat in the showcase so I know this is going to be hard to find. The woman who won was a nurse. My mum won an answering machine, an oak bedroom furniture set and a trampoline. She played the grocery game. Her name was Esther Cole. Sheís British (if that helps).

Please help! Even if someone has a clip of part of the episode, thatís better than nothing.

Thank you!!!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Help! Desperately seeking 70s episode my mum wasnít on
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:51:06 PM »
There would be nothing already on the web if it was a nighttime show, but being a nighttime show makes it easier to narrow down.  Do you know for sure if it was a half-hour or hourlong show?

If a half-hour nighttime show, Barker took over hosting in the 1977-1978 season, so if it was before 1979 and includes the Grocery Game, then it narrows it down to eighteen possible episodes.  You can scour Seasons 6 and 7 in the calendars here to get the production numbers.

Others have successfully obtained copies of the show by writing to Fremantle.  I'm not sure what the fee is, and I'm not sure if there's a better place to go for contact information than Fremantle's Contact Us page, but unless somebody's got a better lead, it's where I would start.

All the best in finding something--and if you do get something, unless you're told you can't--please upload it to YouTube for all to see!
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. Itís the game, stupid! (Itís about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.