Author Topic: "Celebrity Wheel of Fortune" is a go for Primetime on ABC  (Read 15145 times)

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: "Celebrity Wheel of Fortune" is a go for Primetime on ABC
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 10:05:41 AM »
The first confirmed celeb contestant is actor and comedian Kevin Nealon. He snapped a photo of the set and posted it to Instagram:

Very nice upgrades to the set: a different color scheme, the logo, an extra LED border around the board, LED lights in the steps, something new around the center stage video wall, new golden arch designs, and bringing back the glass wedge cutouts used several seasons ago. The color scheme is reminiscent to Aussie's Million Dollar Wheel in 2008.

The show is indeed an hour-long and will last for 8 weeks.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
Yes, the set for the Celebrity primetime specials does look nice. I always liked the glass wheel in the backdrop when it was there several seasons ago.

Also, from the promo aired on ABC last night it will be 24 celebrities over the 8 episodes, meaning the same 3 will play for the hour. So either it will be one long episode with additional rounds and less editing, or they will play two games with the celeb with the highest combined total going to the bonus round.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2020, 01:56:14 PM »
Whatever they choose, it should not be a chore to watch. This is Mike’s best chance to make his presence known on Wheel.

As for the set, I hope they use at least some of those changes for Season 39, like how Jeopardy did for Season 37 (some of the set changes were from the GOAT tournament).
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
The set is a marked improvement. But dear lord, the same celebs for a full hour? Ugh.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »
^ Price and Feud do it all the time. But, when Wheel does it, it's a problem?  :roll:
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
Setting aside that I prefer when Feud airs 2 shows with different teams to round out the hour. But that wasn’t the topic of the discussion at that point. I find padding to a full hour on Celebrity Feud incredibly tedious as well. The conversation was about Wheel.
Hence, a comment on Wheel.

Price has done...checks notes...what, one program now with all celebrities (that is, not mixing celebrities with “civilian” contestants)? And the format is inherently different. New players are introduced throughout, and the program flow breaks things up to focus on one at a time doing something different.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2020, 02:34:51 PM »
I also hope they add non-top dollar four digit spaces as well. The $5,000 wedge hasn't been landed on since October 8 on the regular show, and I can't remember such a drought where this has happened. They intentionally set up the Wheel before R4 so that Pat misses the $5K by about 5-9 spaces, since most of the time due to extra tossups and sponsor/fee plugs, they begin that round with a final spin from Pat. It's also been a while since someone took the Million Dollar Wedge to the bonus round. That shouldn't be necessary I hope for primetime. Still, I'm really looking forward to this and hopefully it could lead to better changes for the standard show.   
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline wheelfan1991

• Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
There is absolutely nothing they can change about what the Wheel lands on. So what do you even mean landing on the MDW could lead to better changes for the regular show? Everyone spins a different strength; what you land on is dependent on that and where the wheel is when you start your spin.

And, to be correct, the Wheel used to be (and probably still is) set before Round 4 so Pat would have a better shot at landing on $5,000. He just doesn't spin it as hard as he used to. I mean, he is 74 after all...

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2020, 03:47:24 PM »
He's hit the $5,000 a lot less frequently since they moved it and the other big money wedges next to the Bankrupt a few seasons ago.

I imagine there will be some additional four digit wedges added for primetime.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2020, 04:18:14 PM »
They intentionally set up the Wheel before R4 so that Pat misses the $5K by about 5-9 spaces

They're not setting it up for that reason; they do it like that because they always put the top value on the yellow player's flipper at the top of each round. They began doing that at least a decade ago. They also do it for $2500 and $3500.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2020, 05:41:14 PM »
They're not setting it up for that reason; they do it like that because they always put the top value on the yellow player's flipper at the top of each round. They began doing that at least a decade ago. They also do it for $2500 and $3500.

Why do they? Curious.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2020, 06:41:05 PM »
Why do they? Curious.

Probably so that there's a uniform starting position for the Wheel. No different than the Big Wheel starting on the dollar for every SCSD.

They do it for the Bonus Wheel, too. It starts on the first A in the word AMERICA'S.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »
Probably so that there's a uniform starting position for the Wheel. No different than the Big Wheel starting on the dollar for every SCSD.

They do it for the Bonus Wheel, too. It starts on the first A in the word AMERICA'S.

Ah that makes sense. Wonder what took them so long to do that on the main game part.

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2020, 10:16:20 PM »
Saturday Night Live Alumn and current Supermarket Sweep host Leslie Jones is the second confirmed celebrity via her 1338291478636851200[/tweet]]tweet of a promo featuring her on Twitter.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2020, 10:08:12 AM »
It has been confirmed by The Senior Vice President of TV Music at Sony Pictures that Celebrity Wheel will have different music than the syndicated series produced by Bleeding Fingers Music (same producers as the theme for The $100,000 Pyramid), but cannot reveal whether it's based on the current or classic music cues.