Author Topic: "Celebrity Wheel of Fortune" is a go for Primetime on ABC  (Read 15261 times)

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: "Celebrity Wheel of Fortune" is a go for Primetime on ABC
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2020, 01:20:42 PM »
https://youtu.be/F3RU1ak99_o

a LOT of big names including FIVE current Game Show Hosts (one of which is familiar to this board, lol)

EDIT- wrong youtube link before, sorry!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:25:00 PM by urbanpreppie0004 »

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2020, 01:22:59 PM »
This thread is about Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, not Celebrity Family Feud.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2020, 01:25:06 PM »
Even more game show hosts if you count Holey Moley. I imagine those three will play on the same game.

And I see at least three others on that lineup with game show hosting experience as well. :)

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »
Even more game show hosts if you count Holey Moley. I imagine those three will play on the same game.

And I see at least three others on that lineup with game show hosting experience as well. :)

Oh wow...didn't even think of that! Between the names, the set, and apparently a different theme song...im intrigued and interested.

(waiting for inevitable- "I don't know these people" messages)

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2020, 09:44:08 PM »
https://tvline.com/2020/12/14/celebrity-wheel-of-fortune-cast-contestants-list-video/

Pretty solid lineup of celebs, including Drew and one of my heros, Paul Reubens

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2020, 10:29:10 PM »
https://tvline.com/2020/12/14/celebrity-wheel-of-fortune-cast-contestants-list-video/

Pretty solid lineup of celebs, including Drew and one of my heros, Paul Reubens

Wow, wouldn't have guessed Drew woulda been on this with the network crossover. That means Pat will have connected with both of the other "Big 3" shows during his time with Wheel, having been involved with Alex (RIP) and Jeopardy on the Wheel and J! sets both over the years, and now with Drew here. Pretty cool actually.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2020, 11:00:53 PM »
^Drew appeared on Celebrity Family Feud this past season as well. It's not uncommon for celebs from other networks to appear on the ABC game shows-- Leslie Jones was on $100,000 Pyramid while still on SNL and Kenan Thompson has been on Match Game as a couple of examples.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
^Drew appeared on Celebrity Family Feud this past season as well. It's not uncommon for celebs from other networks to appear on the ABC game shows-- Leslie Jones was on $100,000 Pyramid while still on SNL and Kenan Thompson has been on Match Game as a couple of examples.

Touche, I forgot about Drew's appearance there. I guess I am just used to the separation from old days. But your point is fair.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2020, 11:43:19 PM »
To be fair, Drew’s appearance on Family Feud was very forgettable. I believe it was filmed very shortly after Amie died, and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world except there.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2020, 11:51:39 PM »
To be fair, Drew’s appearance on Family Feud was very forgettable. I believe it was filmed very shortly after Amie died, and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world except there.

I thought of that reading Jay's response too actually. I imagine this will be better.

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2020, 09:43:55 AM »
New promo shows where some of the contestants' positions will be. It also appears that Vanna will have a more prominent speaking role and will be wearing a mic the whole show; a nice touch!

1338660241869840384[/tweet]][/url]

“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2021, 08:45:42 PM »
They just aired a new promo during tonight's episode of The Bachelor featuring Drew! Of course Pat comments on his new beard.  :oldlol:

"That is Drew under there, isn't it?"
"I'm a passing resemblance to S. Claus."

Drew appears on the second episode, airing January 14.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2021, 10:40:16 AM »
I feel that the two-game format suited the hour pretty well. It was a three round format with the TDV being $2500-$3500 ($2500 in the first game)-$5000, the four MDW spaces in Rounds 2 and 3 (the MDWs become $1000 spaces if a player is already processing one), and a Bonus Wheel that contains 4 $100,000 envelopes, with $25,000 (first appearance since 2013), $50,000, and $75,000 wedges making up the remainder. Most of the puzzles were either longer or contained more multiples of a single letter (one puzzle about a Culture Club hit had a record 11 A's), and of course the $950 replaced the Free Play wedge. Overall a 9/10 for me, and I'm hoping Drew can win big next time!

I enjoyed The Chase just as much as the few times I've caught it on GSN, while the "detective quiz" The Hustler was cool with a neat set and a climax that's certainly worth rewatching.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2021, 11:37:30 AM »
I feel that the two-game format suited the hour pretty well. It was a three round format with the TDV being $2500-$3500 ($2500 in the first game)-$5000, the four MDW spaces in Rounds 2 and 3 (the MDWs become $1000 spaces if a player is already processing one), and a Bonus Wheel that contains 4 $100,000 envelopes, with $25,000 (first appearance since 2013), $50,000, and $75,000 wedges making up the remainder. Most of the puzzles were either longer or contained more multiples of a single letter (one puzzle about a Culture Club hit had a record 11 A's), and of course the $950 replaced the Free Play wedge. Overall a 9/10 for me, and I'm hoping Drew can win big next time!

One thing I'd add to this is that they added bonuses to each round win, $5,000-$15,000 and $20,000 at least for Game 2, missed Game 1. Personally I was expecting a little more from this to be honest. It seemed a little overly paint by numbers for me. I wouldn't have minded some sort of top score for the whole hour over the 2 games plays a single bonus round, or some variation on that vs. 2 separate games entirely. But this is just me.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2021, 12:21:45 PM »
I think I would've rather it be one game being played for the hour rather than two separate games with three rounds and bonus round. With the way they paced the show it could've been done that way. I also don't like that the $20,000 bonus in round 3 pretty much means whoever wins that round will win the game.