Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/18/2020  (Read 6987 times)

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/18/2020
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 11:18:09 AM »
If this has has asked before forgive me.

Why do they air shows out of order?  If this was the first one taped should they have aired it on Monday?
Well, one, the show doesn’t announce anymore that it’s the season premiere, so they can.  When Bob hosted, the show made it a point to decorate the show and do something a little special for the season premiere day, so you couldn’t just swap in another episode or else you would confuse the audience and folks at home.

Since Drew has taken over, it’s typically been more of a “season premiere week” so it’s a lot easier to juggle episodes to get the best one to air on the actual season premiere day.  If a show is of lower quality, it will get pushed off to a time when you have less of an audience to watch (for example, the middle of a week).
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »
Is there really much of a difference in viewership from day to day for producers to care what episode airs on which day? I know the Soap Opera Daytime ratings are very similar from day to day.

Here are the Soap ratings from the week of Halloween (they include the daily numbers at the bottom of the post):
http://soapoperanetwork.com/2020/11/ratings-report-for-the-week-october-26-30-2020

Are daily daytime Game Show ratings available anywhere? These game show producers may be overthinking things.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 04:34:34 PM »
Are daily daytime Game Show ratings available anywhere? These game show producers may be overthinking things.

Most news outlets never report them/they aren't available to the public, I am sure nielsen has ratings for everything

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 07:03:23 AM »
I didn't mind the instant shift to the next prize after winning the 1-bid. It's certainly different and was unexpected, but I thought it was fine. It's not like the contestant is lead to their game-playing spot anymore like the old days.

I do finally understand a bit why they have the contestants go stand on the Goodson mark for a bit after winning their 1-bid prize. It may not be only for social distancing. It's also a time factor to get everyone/thing/cameras in place for the pricing game that follows. There is less contestant's row celebrating and no steps to climb, so the contestant is ready much faster than usual.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:50 AM »
At first it was so weird hearing the That's Too Much! think cue play over the Freeze Frame shutter sounds that I thought I was imagining it, but then I figured that having no live audience to shout their suggestions was the main reason for it.

On the flip side, seeing that Switcheroo win after getting nothing right the first time around was a great way to kick off a show.

Online tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »
I concur, the contestants heading to the center asterisk going right into the prize reveal was a bit jarring. It was the first episode taped though as others have said, so it's not that much of a big deal. Glad it was changed back though.

- Great win in Roo, falsitis was there but luckily minor.
- Shopping Spree was fantastic, sorta obvious it was the knives.
- Car is usually under #6 in Buck, nice little psych there as I never woulda guessed 5, heh
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:56:25 PM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:14 AM »
Derp. I changed Tags to Roo but didn't erase the rest of the sentence. Apologies...
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!