Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/17/2020  (Read 7701 times)

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/17/2020
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »
Boy, some of us really overthought how social distancing would affect Temptation.  They barely changed anything!

Cliff Hangers is going to be weird without an audience.  It's hard to realize you've made a bad bid if there's no one to react to it.

Dice Game was incredible!  It's pretty amazing how many of these auto-wins we've seen in the last couple years.

I'm glad they're still putting in boos when the Big Wheel doesn't go all the way around. :)

The Showcase winner's total was under $35,000 today, but they still put up a graphic for it.  It wouldn't really be awful for that to be a standard thing.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 09:34:53 PM »
Recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 09:55:26 PM »
Include me in the camp of finding Michael kissing the dice incredibly irresponsible. How dare the show let that go.
Eh, I see what you mean, but I'm sure everything is getting sanitized between shows.

Despite the technique shown in rolling the dice, that had to still be pretty unlikely, actually executing it. Pretty sure that's the first Dice Game I've seen played that way.

Boy, some of us really overthought how social distancing would affect Temptation.  They barely changed anything!

I mean, everyone was 6' apart at all times, right? The prizes come out one at a time, alternating models, Drew takes care of reveal anyways... But I guess there's the temptation (no pun intended) to get too lax nonetheless...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 11:10:13 PM »
Just like the Essential Workers primetime special, another terrible bid in Cliff Hangers. Could be headed to an unusually low winning percentage in the game this season. Maybe Yodely Guy will have a mask on the next playing.

Wow, four 6s in Dice Game! Games sure are easier when you don't have to make any decisions :lol:

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »
The Showcase winner's total was under $35,000 today, but they still put up a graphic for it.  It wouldn't really be awful for that to be a standard thing.

That threw me off too. I know that practice began in 1999, but I don’t think they’ve ever shown a graphic for less than $35,000.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 01:32:03 AM »

I admit, I was expecting something more drastic. Although that wide shot of all four prizes was a lot wider than usual.

Years and years and years ago, as a home viewer, I saw a Dice Game contestant who tried to finesse the dice by rolling them like a barrel... to mixed results. During a rehearsal, I tried to see if I could do it myself -- I kept the dice off of the 3s and 4s, but I didn't auto-win. Michael was luckier.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 05:18:00 AM »
Caught Dice Game this morning, and couldn't help but thinking, a playing like that never would've flown with Bob hosting, would it? Wouldn't he have called Michael out for trying to aim his rolls that way?

IMO, there should be a rule that the die has to hit the back wall of the table to count.

Offline jozsef

• Outside in Line
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 07:10:33 AM »
Caught Dice Game this morning, and couldn't help but thinking, a playing like that never would've flown with Bob hosting, would it? Wouldn't he have called Michael out for trying to aim his rolls that way?

IMO, there should be a rule that the die has to hit the back wall of the table to count.

The rule already exists that it has to get past the line, which is enough IMO. If someone has really perfected the art of rolling foam dice over a table length so they always roll a six and then has the good fortune to get on TPIR AND play Dice Game—they deserve the car win

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 12:06:07 AM »
The rule already exists that it has to get past the line, which is enough IMO. If someone has really perfected the art of rolling foam dice over a table length so they always roll a six and then has the good fortune to get on TPIR AND play Dice Game—they deserve the car win

I have to ask too....wondered this watching the playing on YouTube tonight. Has anyone ever rolled 4 6's like that before? Or for that matter 4 1's? I know there's been mixes of both and some exact numbers too, but the odds of this exact outcome have to be staggeringly low I'd think.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 01:12:37 AM »
One has to wonder, were those dice loaded? Never thought in a million years I'd ever see someone win the car with all rolls being six.