Author Topic: The "white thing" on Wheel of Fortune  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
The "white thing" on Wheel of Fortune
« on: November 20, 2020, 05:48:01 PM »
Hi there!!  Anyone know if these white item the contestants and host Pat (final spin) use to spin the wheel are his or her's to take home after they're finish taping each episodes of the show. 

Maybe the TPIR contestants and Drew if he/she needs help on stage should use these somehow when they spin the big wheel? 

Retitled thread to actually say what its about. A question mark is not a replacement for the word "question", and sentences have an entirely different meaning when it is used as such. Additionally, "Wheel of Fortune Question" is a generic, clickbait title which we frown upon.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 07:10:25 PM by therealcu2010 »
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: The "white thing" on Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »
Hi there!!  Anyone know if these white item the contestants and host Pat (final spin) use to spin the wheel are his or her's to take home after they're finish taping each episodes of the show. 

There's no real reason for the contestants to keep them. That'd be just unnecessary expense for the production company. They can wipe them down with Clorox wipes ahead of the next taping and redistribute.

Maybe the TPIR contestants and Drew if he/she needs help on stage should use these somehow when they spin the big wheel? 

They've said the Big Wheel on 'Price' is sanitized between contestants (which we obviously don't see because it's edited out). If they're sanitizing the wheel, there's no reason to have such a device.

The difference here is that on 'WoF,' the wheel is used for the duration of the show by each contestant over and over again.

On 'Price,' it's two segments and a limited number of spins. Why complicate matters?   
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:55:42 PM »
I asked in thinking maybe as a souvenir but thanks for the reply!! 

Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 10:28:37 PM »
I heard you can find them on Amazon for a few bucks if you just search "handle grip".

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 07:32:46 PM »
An upcoming contestant actually just revealed that the contestants indeed do get to keep the "white thing" (also known as the "wheel condom"). I imagine that they're relatively inexpensive to make...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.