Author Topic: NBC dropping Days Of Our Lives, moving it to Peacock  (Read 1282 times)

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: NBC dropping Days Of Our Lives, moving it to Peacock
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 04:40:05 AM »
I remember Saturday morning cartoons..   It's a shame that they did that :(
Cartoons and other kids programming exists in a multitude of places. If someone wants them on a Saturday morning, or any other time of day, they’re around. NBC was getting trounced and made a sound business decision to exit that space.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 09:59:46 AM »
Well if you look at the lineup for NBC's final season (1991-92), you'll see clunkers like Yo Yogi!, Pro Stars, Wish Kid, and Chip & Pepper's Cartoon Madness, and even its best show at the time, Captain N/Super Mario, had a sharp decline in quality compared to its previous two seasons. That of course was also the first year of Nicktoons, so it only made sense to see the finish line. Even some local affiliates, NBC or not, were increasingly pre-empting Saturday Morning content for local stuff. WBAL in Baltimore, even though it was a CBS affiliate at the time dropped the entire CBS Saturday Morning lineup in 1992, even including the still popular TMNT and Garfield & Friends, for four hours of news. The networks of course also increased their news content (including NBC with Saturday Today), showing the increasing need for breaking news.

I don't really watch much tv anymore its just background noise. They have way too many news programs and they repeat them self with different anchors. I have a older family member and he watches the news all day long. I would go insane.

90% of what my father watches is the Fox News drivel. But for soaps, its nothing like it was back in the '70s and '80s when TV Guide even had a cover story complaining how they were not just cash cows for the networks, but had fan clubs for not just the soaps themselves, but some of the bigger stars. Teen magazines even featured soap star posters and articles about them. One last thing I don't like about soaps is that they tend to end with a whimper and not with a grand finale like many primetime shows and even a few game shows do. But you have to hand it to the crew/cast of these soaps, given that its a truly full-time job without too many days off or long vacations between seasons!
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 01:27:42 PM »
Maybe they can blow up Genoa City when the time comes. Or have an earthquake swallow up the Forrester clan in B and B.