Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 39...  (Read 30786 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 39...
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2022, 12:51:12 AM »
Questions for people on here: What have been your takeaways from Season 39, now that it's been over since Friday? What did you like and didn't like about this season?

Obviously the seven $100,000 wins, the Bed and Breakfast week was the best week of them all.

I was a little stunned that more people started picking THING(S) for Bonus Land.   15 times has got to be a record for a season ever since the category selection started in Season 35.

Almost 85% of the WHAT ARE YOU DOING puzzles were nasty NASTY NASTY in Bonus Land.   I'm not surprised this category got the most Bonus Round losses.

They didn't use OCCUPATION, SHOW BIZ, and IN THE KITCHEN that much as choices in Bonus Land.   I wish they actually used it more.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2022, 08:50:23 AM »
^Season 37 was abbreviated, and Thing(s) was chosen 16 times.

In short, I think productionwise, from the reworked introduction, to the set glow-up, to giving Pat, Vanna, Jim, and Maggie more room to talk, the overall show is better than it's been in a long while. However, the game itself has been more polarizing this season: you do have the highs of the record-breaking $100k wins and the bonus for sweeping the Triple Toss-Up is nice, while it feels like the puzzlewriting, rulings, and number of missolves has regressed from even last season.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2022, 06:55:32 PM »
^Personally, I think if you're going to have the Prize Puzzle, don't add the value of the trip/prize to that contestant's total (just simply give them the prize as a bonus, and that's it). For example, on the '80s $25K/$100K Pyramid, whenever a contestant won the 7-11 $1,100 bonus, that was not factored into their winning total to determine the winner that day (only money won in the Winner's Circle counted).

Most contestants win the game with about $17,000. If the values of prize puzzle trips weren't added, we'd see too many people winning the game with only $7-8,000.

Offline EhManana

• Outside in Line
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »
It seems the remaining game shows like to use puffed up trips as prizes. Price is infamous for their trips with useless frills like a limo ride or something silly like that.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2022, 05:40:03 PM »
It seems the remaining game shows like to use puffed up trips as prizes. Price is infamous for their trips with useless frills like a limo ride or something silly like that.

...useless to you, attractive to others.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2022, 11:20:37 PM »
I heard the puzzleboard has been updated for season 40.   Excited that the new season starts airing next month.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2022, 12:11:55 AM »
Just checked the Buy a Vowel boards.   One person confirmed that the new puzzle board is completely different.

Starting next month I'll start the season 40 thread for Wheel of Fortune.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2022, 02:35:56 PM »
Well since season 39 is already done and the season 40 post just started, it's time to lock this thread for good.