6 (2.7%)
Levar Burton
12 (5.3%)
David Faber
26 (11.5%)
Joe Buck
8 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post  (Read 105493 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Jeopardy To Resume Taping On 11/30 With Interim Guest Hosts
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2021, 07:31:17 PM »
Richards has annoyed me more than anything during his stint on Jeopardy.

New drinking game: drink every time Mike says “we were looking for...”

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2021, 07:37:53 PM »
Richards has annoyed me more than anything during his stint on Jeopardy.

New drinking game: drink every time Mike says “we were looking for...”

I only watched a bit of one of his episodes, just for curiosity's sake, and I didn't like him. Ken was miles better. He comes off almost trying to do a parody of what a serious host should be for a game like that IMO.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2021, 07:41:40 PM »
Many people disagree - some have called him a "overnight sensation".
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2021, 01:40:28 PM »
The Jeopardy YouTube channel has posted an interview with Katie Couric.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2021, 12:11:13 PM »
Jeopardy! has been steadily losing viewers with each guest host. During Katie Couric's first week, Wheel overtook it in viewership despite both shows being tied in the ratings.

https://www.thewrap.com/katie-couric-jeopardy-ratings/

I can only imagine what will happen with Dr. Oz hosting now.

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
Speaking of the medical quack's hosting stint, media sources such as The Los Angeles Times have picked up a story about viewers joining the over 500+ Jeopardy! contestant alumni in condoning the decision of him as host.

And in lighter stories for the remaining guest hosts. First, the official website has announced 60 Minutes correspondent Bill Whittaker's shows will air between May 3-14. And following Mayim Bialik's stint as guest host, it's rumored that The Today Show host Savannah Guthrie may be taping her shows now as a member on JBoard speculates that her assignment this week on the west coast is possibly related to Jeopardy!.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2021, 03:09:14 PM »
Jeopardy! has been steadily losing viewers with each guest host. During Katie Couric's first week, Wheel overtook it in viewership despite both shows being tied in the ratings.

Multiple local stations are pre-empting Wheel of Fortune on Friday for a special on the ABC O&O's (including my station, WABC in New York City), but leaving Jeopardy! alone. Why would they choose the keep the show that hundreds if not thousands of people are refusing to watch right now and is now the lower-rated of the two once again (Wheel was the higher rated show up until I want to say 2015??)? Only because Jeopardy! has returning champions and Wheel of Fortune got rid of them 20+ years ago?

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2021, 03:46:27 PM »
Um, yeah. Continuity matters. And the stations may know best their local numbers in target demos. They’ll make the best business decision based on their circumstances.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2021, 03:48:29 PM »

It’s not automatically a correlation between the popularity of a host and what happening. Novelty of the guests wears off. There was an aberration of a spike initially. Weather warms up. Clocks change. Schedules and viewing patterns get disrupted. It’s complex.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2021, 09:02:44 AM »
And following Mayim Bialik's stint as guest host, it's rumored that The Today Show host Savannah Guthrie may be taping her shows now as a member on JBoard speculates that her assignment this week on the west coast is possibly related to Jeopardy!.
Savannah Guthrie? Ugh. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2021, 12:34:23 AM »
Is there a list of what dates the shows with the interim hosts were taped (or will be taped)?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2021, 12:24:35 PM »
Is there a list of what dates the shows with the interim hosts were taped (or will be taped)?
Other than Mike taping his shows when production resumed after the holiday break, the pseudoscience TV 'doctor' taping in early February, and Mayim Bialik the week of St. Patrick's Day. We don't know much about the dates the other guest hosts taped their shows.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »
Other than Mike taping his shows when production resumed after the holiday break, the pseudoscience TV 'doctor' taping in early February, and Mayim Bialik the week of St. Patrick's Day. We don't know much about the dates the other guest hosts taped their shows.

That's fine.  While the show and Sony are not obligated to disclose that information, it's fair enough to wonder what's next.  I think it's time (for them to go with someone and stick to him or her).  I personally would be a bit surprised if they're planning on taping several more episode full of guest hosts as we head into the next month.

Ken was great, Mike was pretty good.  The new TV year is half a year away, and while there's summer content, in my opinion it would be nice to commit to Alex's successor before the start of a new season
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2021, 12:03:38 PM »
I would guess they'll have someone in place permanently by the start of next season. I still think Ken is the one they want to do it and the guest hosts were just to accommodate his schedule and give some others a look.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2021, 07:22:54 PM »
It's pretty nice to see them audition hosts instead of picking someone out of the hat. I agree I think Ken will get the job come next season. I hope they replace him on The Chase.