Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 362844 times)

Offline holdme

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1230 on: February 01, 2022, 10:22:33 AM »
So the episodes skipped in this batch were

correct?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1231 on: February 01, 2022, 10:43:36 AM »
Correct, however we do know that all of the skipped episodes besides 5512D are in the Pluto database, so we should see those later, most likely in some marathon.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1232 on: February 01, 2022, 01:35:17 PM »
Of all the episodes run, only the One Away premiere episode is known to be a fully skipped episode, perhaps due to unorthodox reasons. Fortunately, it circulates from its original broadcast.

From what I understand, one of the showcases in that episode had a highly questionable theme.

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #1233 on: February 01, 2022, 05:17:18 PM »
Of all the episodes run, only the One Away premiere episode is known to be a fully skipped episode, perhaps due to unorthodox reasons. Fortunately, it circulates from its original broadcast.

Link?

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1234 on: February 01, 2022, 06:05:09 PM »
Link?

Same question I had … is this episode blocked on YouTube? Should give an indication of whether it could air in the future, such as a marathon.

Brian

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #1235 on: February 01, 2022, 06:14:56 PM »
http://tpirepguide.com/?p=8548

That's a recap of the episode. The second Showcase is the one SuperMatch93 is referring to.
1,687 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1236 on: February 01, 2022, 06:48:59 PM »

Here it is, currently an "unlisted" episode.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1237 on: February 01, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »
http://tpirepguide.com/?p=8548

That's a recap of the episode. The second Showcase is the one SuperMatch93 is referring to.

Yep. As soon as I saw the recap, I knew.

I'm sure we'll see the second playing of One Away in a future batch of episodes.

Brian

P.S. – I wonder if this was the least expensive car ever offered in One Away? (That, even knowing that cars were still selling at $7,000 on the low end in 1984-1985.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:17:28 PM by Briguy »

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #1238 on: February 01, 2022, 09:51:15 PM »

Bruh

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #1239 on: February 01, 2022, 11:00:15 PM »
Here it is, currently an "unlisted" episode.

I acknowledge that I'm ignoring the part that's actually in poor taste, but an Atilla the Hun pinball machine would not be a "timely" prize, given that Atilla the Hun ruled more than a century after the time period depicted in the showcase.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1240 on: February 02, 2022, 12:06:02 AM »
I do get a laugh whenever someone doesn't put much, if any, effort toward the reaction off of their showcase prizes.  Never forgot about a contestant bidding $1 on a showcase she wasn't thrilled about (per her reaction) when her opponent didn't even bid an amount close to where it was clearly obvious he went over (which he didn't).

As for One Away, as mentioned in Discord, they'll probably show clips of the second playing with a mention of the game debuting in 1984.  I don't think they'd show the first playing without airing the entire episode.  It's not worth it
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1241 on: February 02, 2022, 01:03:09 AM »
As for One Away, as mentioned in Discord, they'll probably show clips of the second playing with a mention of the game debuting in 1984.  I don't think they'd show the first playing without airing the entire episode.  It's not worth it
I don't see what's stopping them from posting the debut playing, by itself, to the YouTube channel.

Offline Bee17

• Outside in Line
« Reply #1242 on: February 02, 2022, 05:47:07 AM »

tpirepguide.com/?p=8548

After reading that... I can see why they would want to skip that one.

In fact, after seeing these older ones so far on Pluto, I can see why the show eventually went in a more "family-friendly" direction. A lot of stuff (certain showcase skits, most of Bob's comments, etc.) wouldn't fly today.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 05:57:20 AM by Bee17 »

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #1243 on: February 02, 2022, 11:45:50 AM »
(Screencap: Nancy's eyes screaming disappointment)

Bruh
I dug through the chat logs and figured out where that's from. It's from 4625D during Clock, shortly after the reveal of a camping trailer.
Would have been absolutely perfect if it had been in response to a Splendido-case.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1244 on: February 02, 2022, 02:52:12 PM »
Coming out of hiding to ask this question about music cues. It seems as if some of the 1983 package heard on these shows is different than what we can hear on TVPMM. The version of 0209 we're hearing in these episodes is a great example. It sounds far more percussion-heavy and has different orchestration in places than the TVPMM versions.

We know TVPMM is missing certain versions of the 1976 package (the Second Thoughts rhythm-only variants, for example). Is it possible they're missing some '83 edits, as well, or am I just hearing equalization differences?
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.