Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 366380 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1275 on: April 18, 2022, 05:39:13 AM »
Didn’t there used to be a board with the day’s pricing games to be played on stage between the audience and the turntable?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1276 on: April 18, 2022, 08:12:53 AM »
There used to be.  Apparently Drew just gets a card with the daily lineup
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #1277 on: April 18, 2022, 08:14:59 AM »
Here's a picture of the slate from this site's Golden Gallery:

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #1278 on: April 29, 2022, 06:54:36 PM »
On the Google document, episode #5585D is listed as being
Last currently-known playing of Race Game for the LA sports teams' season tickets (and this may singlehandedly be what killed the concept!!!)

I can confirm that this was done at least once more, on an episode of the Tom Kennedy series recorded in March 1985:
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1279 on: May 05, 2022, 01:55:49 PM »
The OCD side of me is troubled with that sign as the SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN 1 is hand written.  I do remember seeing that list caught on camera a few times over the years.  Interesting that it sounds like that list is no longer up for anyone to view.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1280 on: May 06, 2022, 12:37:35 AM »
Interesting that it sounds like that list is no longer up for anyone to view.
It was really only there as a reference for the host. They ditched it when the show went HD and the set was redesigned. I believe there briefly was a small list at the foot of the stage which Drew could look at. Now it's just a card.

Offline CaseyBuck

« Reply #1281 on: May 06, 2022, 07:53:40 PM »
New place to watch The Barker Era, XUMO:

https://www.xumo.tv/on-now/99951125/the-price-is-right-the-barker-era

It's using the Pluto feed, but a few minutes ahead, and with The Cats playing during the breaks instead of commercials.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1282 on: June 14, 2022, 01:17:08 AM »
Might as well mention this: Pluto now has 29 episodes from Season 11 on demand. These are all episodes in circulation, but the fact they're willing to put some episodes on demand is more activity than anything else we've seen since like February (and also they don't have the plinko chip watermark if you're into that).
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1283 on: June 15, 2022, 09:06:00 PM »
The OCD side of me is troubled with that sign as the SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN 1 is hand written.  I do remember seeing that list caught on camera a few times over the years.  Interesting that it sounds like that list is no longer up for anyone to view.

Does seem odd given that that wouldn't have been anything new.  You could see a new game being handwritten temporarily, but that one not so much.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1284 on: June 20, 2022, 10:52:08 AM »
This morning I happened to catch the showcases of the May 10, 1984 show, and Barker mentioned that the runner-up had won Superball!! by throwing all 3 balls into the WIN circle. Has anybody seen this, and was she given an opportunity to throw the Superball for $3000? I never knew that had ever happened that early in the game's run.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #1285 on: June 20, 2022, 12:58:34 PM »
This morning I happened to catch the showcases of the May 10, 1984 show, and Barker mentioned that the runner-up had won Superball!! by throwing all 3 balls into the WIN circle. Has anybody seen this, and was she given an opportunity to throw the Superball for $3000? I never knew that had ever happened that early in the game's run.
She did not win Ball #2.

She did put Ball #1, Ball #3 and the Superball in the WIN circle, and even the practice ball as well.

I hadn't seen this either but I was impressed when I did go back and check it just now.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1286 on: June 20, 2022, 10:47:29 PM »
I mean, it is a true statement.

It just lacks important context.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1287 on: June 26, 2022, 12:48:56 PM »
5634K's aspect ratio and the missing segment was fixed on its airing this morning.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #1288 on: June 26, 2022, 04:10:03 PM »
Might as well mention this: Pluto now has 29 episodes from Season 11 on demand. These are all episodes in circulation, but the fact they're willing to put some episodes on demand is more activity than anything else we've seen since like February (and also they don't have the plinko chip watermark if you're into that).

and that collection is growing: as well as reaching season 12

Online dprice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1289 on: June 26, 2022, 10:00:07 PM »
Today, I went onto Pluto TV on Demand and watched the episode from January 3, 1983.  It was from the day Plinko made its debut.  I will expect that game to be played on the January 3, 2023 episode for $200,000.  Each chip would be up to $40,000.