Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 360754 times)

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: Bob Barker era reruns returning to Pluto TV beginning tomorrow 12/1/20
« Reply #330 on: December 07, 2020, 01:05:13 PM »
Oh yeah, duh......I suppose I shoulda known that lol. Thanks for correcting me.  :-)

No problem; no big deal! ;)

And thanks to Mr. Weatherman for the source/link of what to expect as it relates to how TPIR will air going forward!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2020, 05:14:26 PM »
Looks like they (for now) skipped 4633D, I'm not sure why given that GSN did air that episode in the past...

But at least we're coming to the end of the original Barker Wall design (along with the color changes once the set had its major overhaul in 1975).

Also for 4641D, a year and a half? I wonder if that was the longest time the range finder jokingly could not be started again, and if not I wonder what was the longest?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
Looks like they (for now) skipped 4633D, I'm not sure why given that GSN did air that episode in the past...

It has?  Do you happen to have the lineup?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2020, 05:44:43 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind this....4633 was earlier, so if it was tape date order they were going in, probably woulda aired by now.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2020, 06:18:14 PM »
And thanks to Mr. Weatherman for the source/link of what to expect as it relates to how TPIR will air going forward!

Knowing what we now know from this, we can probably make some educated guesses on when certain episodes will air (Johnny’s final show/Rod officially taking over, Bob’s hair going gray, the infamous 3 Strikes Toni playing, etc.).  Provided they skip few or no episodes and keep any special lineups to a minimum around the holidays, we can probably nail down much of the schedule within a few days of certainty for at least the next handful of seasons, perhaps all the way through to Season 35, if someone wants to take up such a project. 🤔

EDIT: I can’t complain about free, but I would be willing to pay a $10-$20 subscription fee for DVR functionality and full frame rate.  I’d watch a LOT more Pluto TV as a result!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:27:01 PM by Mr. Weatherman »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2020, 06:28:32 PM »
Knowing what we now know from this, we can probably make some educated guesses on when certain episodes will air (Johnny’s final show/Rod officially taking over, Bob’s hair going gray, the infamous 3 Strikes Toni playing, etc.).  Provided they skip few or no episodes and keep any special lineups to a minimum around the holidays, we can probably nail down much of the schedule within a few days of certainty for at least the next handful of seasons, perhaps all the way through to Season 35, if someone wants to take up such a project. 🤔

EDIT: I can’t complain about free, but I would be willing to pay a $10-$20 subscription fee for DVR functionality and full frame rate.  I’d watch a LOT more Pluto TV as a result!

Someone mentioned earlier the exact date barring skips Barker's finale in Season 35, was like June 2023 if I recall. I'm most looking forward to the $21,000 Plinko win in 1990. I thought about that just the other day. That'll be a huge episode to see when it airs.

Sidenote: I see 4 digit Clock Game made an appearance on first episode to air/reair now today. Won too at that.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2020, 06:36:32 PM »
I would love to do a schedule for the expected line-up for future episodes slated to air on Pluto!

As mentioned, it depends on what episodes are skipped before a likely "Series Finale" airdate in June of 2023.

Speaking of which, it would figure that Pluto would skip the only episode where the line-up is unknown.  We'll see if 4643 gets skipped on Tuesday or not.  I can't complain; back-to-back episodes of Shell Game! 

Not really, just todays final episode of the day before the first episode of the day, both of which featured that game in Act 1

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »
I guess 4633D tape might be too damaged to air? That's too bad.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »
I guess 4633D tape might be too damaged to air? That's too bad.

Only they'd know, guess time will tell. I still wonder if the premiere week suffered same problem or not.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »
It has?  Do you happen to have the lineup?

Super Ball, 1 Right Price, Money Game, Barker's Bargain Bar, Any Number, Pick-A-Pair

Oct. 20, 1982 did indeed air on GSN, and it's in at least two traders' collections. Ths is the order both collections list the games in.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:31:03 PM by supersaver87 »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »
Oct. 20, 1982 did indeed air on GSN, and it's in at least two traders' collections. Ths is the order both collections list the games in.

Huh.  Anyone have any idea why it might have been skipped, then?  I'd assume either tape damage, a stray fur, or some kind of music licensing issues, but it's certainly possible they just made a mistake.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #341 on: December 07, 2020, 08:26:22 PM »
Huh.  Anyone have any idea why it might have been skipped, then?  I'd assume either tape damage, a stray fur, or some kind of music licensing issues, but it's certainly possible they just made a mistake.

Considering they straight up left in a clip from Hot Stuff by Donna Summer during a Jukebox prize on a Showcase today, it’s probably safe to assume that any and all music problems are a complete non issue with these.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #342 on: December 07, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »
Considering they straight up left in a clip from Hot Stuff by Donna Summer during a Jukebox prize on a Showcase today, it’s probably safe to assume that any and all music problems are a complete non issue with these.

Wonder if that means the 20th anniversary week when they hit that, airs fully unedited for 1st time (GSN did edit them didn't they? I recall they did?), since it had Madonna playing over the credits for a few of those shows anyway.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 08:31:36 PM by pricefan18 »

Offline CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any issues with music clearances (yet). I was even worried for a little bit that they weren't going to feature Hurdles, Safe Crackers, Race Game, or Switcheroo, since they all used copyrighted music.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #344 on: December 07, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
Wonder if that means the 20th anniversary week when they hit that, airs fully unedited for 1st time (GSN did edit them didn't they? I recall they did?), since it had Madonna playing over the credits for a few of those shows anyway.

If I recall correctly, when GSN ran the 20th anniversary shows in 1999, the Madonna music was still on there.  Maybe not; it could have been Kool & The Gang; it's been over 21 years, but the Friday WinTV show I watched did not have the Price is Right theme playing during the credit roll