Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 356459 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2020, 04:31:53 PM »
Contrary to what's listed on the timeline, the disco ball was just used for Plinko again.

EDIT: And the WIN/price reveal is still from the first playing.

This is why I would wish they weren't airing these all at once honestly......these little things can be so easily missed now......

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #496 on: December 12, 2020, 05:50:50 PM »
This is why I would wish they weren't airing these all at once honestly......these little things can be so easily missed now......

No kidding.  I had the episode on during football, and of course I missed the second act.

Man, sure did dominate the Shell Game in Season 11!  At lease since Week 2; there were a couple contestants that won completely.  Took bad the current bonus wasn't available but I'll more likely to accept someone giving away $500 before I say no thanks.  Money is money.  Sadly the contestant missed out on perfection in the current episode airing (4753D).  3 out of 4 with the win coming from his first selection.  I'd bet Cowboy Lonnie might have gone with his first choice for the bonus, but we'll never know

"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #497 on: December 12, 2020, 06:35:56 PM »

Jean winning DP for a car was pure freaking money.  Just in case you missed that.

And Leroy Anderson.  😢

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:38:11 PM by FPGWillyT »

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #498 on: December 12, 2020, 06:48:10 PM »
Jean winning DP for a car was pure freaking money.  Just in case you missed that.

And Leroy Anderson.  😢

It's funny in a way, I was heavily invested in trying to keep up with the shows when it was just 6 a day, but since yesterday the desire to has lessened a bit because it's just so much to begin with so almost feels fruitless to bother. Not that it wasn't a lot before, but at least there was a more manageable pattern and wouldn't miss as much if you did skip some as I actually ended up doing this week admittedly.

The only ones I really made a point to watch were the Christmas week shows last night/early this morning, and even then I missed the 1st one and the first portion of the 2nd not knowing they were on (appreciate you making mention of em airing, woulda missed them entirely had I not seen that), haven't really at all otherwise since yesterday morning.

The other thing that kinda sucks about it, is the fact that if Pluto glitches up on my end, which has happened a fair few times since launch, you can't go back and catch what you missed like you coulda before. You miss it, you miss it till the next rotation if you remember it's back on.....I guess it's a throwback to the early days before VCRs, but still kinda stinks.

I hope as they cycle through shows, they put the previous aired ones on demand. I could possibly see that being a thing. Would be nice if they aren't gonna have multiple cycles/periods airing at once right now.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #499 on: December 12, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »
It's funny in a way, I was heavily invested in trying to keep up with the shows when it was just 6 a day, but since yesterday the desire to has lessened a bit because it's just so much to begin with so almost feels fruitless to bother. Not that it wasn't a lot before, but at least there was a more manageable pattern and wouldn't miss as much if you did skip some as I actually ended up doing this week admittedly.

The only ones I really made a point to watch were the Christmas week shows last night/early this morning, and even then I missed the 1st one and the first portion of the 2nd not knowing they were on (appreciate you making mention of em airing, woulda missed them entirely had I not seen that), haven't really at all otherwise since yesterday morning.

The other thing that kinda sucks about it, is the fact that if Pluto glitches up on my end, which has happened a fair few times since launch, you can't go back and catch what you missed like you coulda before. You miss it, you miss it till the next rotation if you remember it's back on.....I guess it's a throwback to the early days before VCRs, but still kinda stinks.

I hope as they cycle through shows, they put the previous aired ones on demand. I could possibly see that being a thing. Would be nice if they aren't gonna have multiple cycles/periods airing at once right now.

Just curious: What device are you using?  Are you using a smartphone, your PC, or maybe Roku to view the show?  When I've streamed in the past, I haven't had too many issues, especially when you deal with Xfinity.  Of course I had the option of rewinding & recording.  The freezing & skipping does suck.

I not going to hold my breath that they put this run on demand right now.  It's too soon despite the uncertainty that they'll re-air them soon or not until they air everything else.  I think they would have to do it in a way that doesn't ruin the channel.  I respect it if they don't; it'll mean you'd have to tune in if you want to see something from the classics.

Total speculation: I can see them emulating what GSN does with Family Feud, down the road.  For instance, they can air consecutive episodes from a season for 4 hours, then a different episode from another season for 4 hours, and so on.  Say they air Season 15 from 2-6 on Wednesday, and then they move to, let's say Season 27 from 6-10.  The following & previous day they would continue with where they left off at the same timeslot

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #500 on: December 12, 2020, 09:04:29 PM »

Just curious: What device are you using?  Are you using a smartphone, your PC, or maybe Roku to view the show?  When I've streamed in the past, I haven't had too many issues, especially when you deal with Xfinity.  Of course I had the option of rewinding & recording.  The freezing & skipping does suck.

I not going to hold my breath that they put this run on demand right now.  It's too soon despite the uncertainty that they'll re-air them soon or not until they air everything else.  I think they would have to do it in a way that doesn't ruin the channel.  I respect it if they don't; it'll mean you'd have to tune in if you want to see something from the classics.

Total speculation: I can see them emulating what GSN does with Family Feud, down the road.  For instance, they can air consecutive episodes from a season for 4 hours, then a different episode from another season for 4 hours, and so on.  Say they air Season 15 from 2-6 on Wednesday, and then they move to, let's say Season 27 from 6-10.  The following & previous day they would continue with where they left off at the same timeslot

PC here, it's not always bad, but especially if I am going from tab to tab, if I switch back and forth it will glitch some. It won't do it as much if I keep it static on the stream, but occasionally still will.

Yeah I could see them doing something like that eventually, I was thinking that could happen eventually, if not doing whole days dedicated to eras like GSN did, but 24 hours straight of one would still be a lot, when it was in 6 hour cycles that was better, less so now. What you say is much more sensible with that.

The way I was thinking incidentally was for them to have the previous 100 on demand as the next 100 came in, and if they went chronologically all through the last 25 years, adding batches as they went that way. That way if say....they were in Season 15 on the stream, people could still see Season's 11-14 in the archives on their own if they liked. Now what would happen when they aired the whole run would be its' own question, maybe taking batches they'd be airing at the time off on-demand and then putting em back after reairing? Possibly? That could be one option, but this would all be like you said, pure speculation about that. Just one man's thoughts here lol, time will tell what they do one way or the other.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #501 on: December 12, 2020, 11:14:36 PM »
Well, now on the 3rd playing of Plinko (4764D), the sign is in use (in the back of the audience), and now the WIN/price reveal has adopted its normal way.

Is it just me or was the big wheel loose around this time frame? Seems to me that it took a little longer for the wheel to slow down and stop on a certain number.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #502 on: December 12, 2020, 11:16:19 PM »
Is it just me or was the big wheel loose around this time frame? Seems to me that it took a little longer for the wheel to slow down and stop on a certain number.
Yes the Big Wheel seems very loose during these shows, likely to reduce the number of spins that don’t make one full revolution.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #503 on: December 12, 2020, 11:36:41 PM »
Yes the Big Wheel seems very loose during these shows, likely to reduce the number of spins that don’t make one full revolution.

It's kinda funny that woulda been the case in an era that had more time to work with than now, you'd think it'd be the other way around lol. I noticed that though even in the past, wonder when that woulda shifted.

Also, speaking of, in one of the shows yesterday, did anyone catch the little Safe Crackers sound effect that was played twice, after a couple of particularly big spins by a male contestant? The first one went unnoticed, but the second one didn't leading to Bob making a comment about it. Me thinks the staff decided to play a little joke on him, after he had said prior to the spins how the Wheel might get broken basically by the force of the guy. It was pretty amusing.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #504 on: December 13, 2020, 01:14:03 AM »
Did anyone get a vid/could they post one of the woman named K in the last segment just aired now, that had what has to be the longest and really shortest name in Price is Right history? It deserves to be captured I think.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #505 on: December 13, 2020, 01:18:36 AM »
Regarding the Big Wheel, I think there were a couple of consecutive episodes earlier this season where someone didn't get the wheel all the way around.  From that, however, a couple of people, whose second spins didn't count ended up with $1,000 in their 3rd spins.  Anyway, whatever adjustments were made were worth it thus far

Man, maybe I remember the Card Game being so difficult (and a little unfair).  I just do not remember this many contestants underbidding.  Can't blame the most recent player who was $110 short of winning with a $700 range.  There was a good chance that she could've gone from not being close enough to going over with her next draw

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #506 on: December 13, 2020, 02:07:20 AM »
Bob was always wishing cameraman Marty Wagner a happy birthday, even back in 1983.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #507 on: December 13, 2020, 02:15:07 AM »
Later on Sunday, an episode will air that has Hurdles in Act III and Race Game in Act IV and I’m wondering whether or not our old FPG friend Dob would have considered that a conflict?

😂

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #508 on: December 13, 2020, 02:25:19 AM »
Later on Sunday, an episode will air that has Hurdles in Act III and Race Game in Act IV and I’m wondering whether or not our old FPG friend Dob would have considered that a conflict?

😂

How late? They may repeat before then if I had my timing right.....they would hit 100 episodes as of the 9am airing. If that's all they got, they would be repeating beginning at 10.

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #509 on: December 13, 2020, 02:28:24 AM »
Did anyone get a vid/could they post one of the woman named K in the last segment just aired now, that had what has to be the longest and really shortest name in Price is Right history? It deserves to be captured I think.

That was a great moment. I wondered if that was already out there in a highlights reel on YouTube somewhere. I've never heard of anyone with a name like that in my life. For those who missed it, her nametag said only "K." She handed Bob a card when he asked if her name was only one letter. The card could be seen briefly on camera. She had a first name that appeared to be over 50 letters long. Bob tried to read out the name and gave up halfway through.

Bob said later on in the episode that she was, I believe, Miss Hawaii 1969. But looking up Miss Hawaii on Wikipedia, she is not the winner that year or any other year. So I don't know if I misheard that, he misspoke or things were confused with a different pageant.