Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 362228 times)

Offline Derek McIntyre

• Outside in Line
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #660 on: January 06, 2021, 11:50:34 PM »
Thanks a bunch :-) Always looking for TPIR from the studio masters w/slate and original CBS broadcasts with commercials :-)
I know the following 1 hour shows are out there from the studio masters-
-12/23/75
-5/15/78-with time code
-1/17/81
-3/10/86
-a 1987 ep
-1/18/88
-10/4/88-with time code
-6/7/93-with time code
-1996, 25th anniversary special

Offline Tpirfan1995mr

• Outside in Line
« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2021, 11:19:16 AM »
When are they going to do 2 8 83 onward I'm getting bored with the same loop

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #662 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »
You might have to ask the folks that run that channel.  Given the fact that there wasn't even a Barker Era channel this time 40 days ago, I don't think it's a big deal at all.  If I had to guess, they'll get to it when they get to it.

I assumed that if they were going to do it, it would've happened on Monday.  I don't imagine they'll start tomorrow, so the earliest, most logical spot that Pluto would move onto 02/08/83 and beyond would be Tuesday around 8 AM EST.

Someone like you and I (or me) wouldn't necessarily be happy for the fact that they've been on this same loop.  A couple things, however.  As mentioned in the past, a casual fan whose life includes a lot outside of TPIR but admired the classic years of the show would be okay with what they're doing now.  They might catch a couple episodes a week and then that would be enough to satisfy their viewing of a 1982 episode of TPIR in the year 2021.

For the super-fan, you'd want more, and that's understandable.  However, as of right now, I have the option to go to YouTube to catch what's on there.  I do that every-so-often, but not every hour of every day of every week.  Pre Barker era, that's been the best option for me, and I can't thank TPTB at CBS, Fremantle, the show itself, and whomever else that they've allowed it.  It'll be sad when that changes, but I'm thankful that they've okay'd it for the past several years up to this point
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #663 on: January 07, 2021, 11:02:14 PM »
However, as of right now, I have the option to go to YouTube to catch what's on there.  I do that every-so-often, but not every hour of every day of every week.  Pre Barker era, that's been the best option for me, and I can't thank TPTB at CBS, Fremantle, the show itself, and whomever else that they've allowed it.  It'll be sad when that changes, but I'm thankful that they've okay'd it for the past several years up to this point

You mean Pre-Carey era right? I'd think so lol.

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #664 on: January 08, 2021, 12:09:27 PM »
You mean Pre-Carey era right? I'd think so lol.

No, they meant before the Barker-Era Channel was a thing. What they said was correct.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #665 on: January 08, 2021, 05:55:58 PM »
I wonder how long it takes for Pluto TV to digitize a set of Price is Right-Barker Era episodes (100 at a time) and prepare them for viewing? Do they have to do the clean-up and restorations? Or has CBS/Freemantle already done that before giving them to Pluto TV?

Joe

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #666 on: January 09, 2021, 04:56:29 PM »
Even if there was a new batch coming, it might not be as large as the first 100, perhaps it may only be 50-60 episodes at most and on average maybe just 25 or so.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #667 on: January 09, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »
Even if there was a new batch coming, it might not be as large as the first 100, perhaps it may only be 50-60 episodes at most and on average maybe just 25 or so.

Do we have any reason at all to think that would be the case?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #668 on: January 09, 2021, 05:06:20 PM »
Do we have any reason at all to think that would be the case?

I can't see it making sense to do it that way, assuming they keep to the same new episode every hour method they've been using since the end of the 2nd week. They'd be repeating at a much faster rate especially with 25 shows to a batch, and they already are every 4 days as it is now. So I don't see why they'd go that short unless they changed up how they air the show. It just wouldn't be smart.

Offline Tpirfan1995mr

• Outside in Line
« Reply #669 on: January 09, 2021, 08:29:54 PM »
I want to see seasons 12 to 19 because 1st half of season 12 is what GSN last aired and didn't air the 2nd half because of losing the rights and only aired a couple season 13 episodes didn't air season 14 didn't air on GSN  only half of season 15 only 1 of season 16 to my knowledge none of 17 and 18 and only 1 of season 19

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #670 on: January 09, 2021, 08:40:36 PM »
[rambling demand snipped]
Ian Frame, is that you?

Offline Tpirfan1995mr

• Outside in Line
« Reply #671 on: January 09, 2021, 11:23:41 PM »
Here are some points I don't approve of the fur ban of episodes from the past
1. You can't change the past
2. We won't be able to see finish line shower game telephone game early playings of cliffhangers punch a bunch penny ante and pre green section showcase showdown
3. They could put a censor bar over the coat and bleep out the description

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #672 on: January 09, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »
Here are some points I don't approve of the fur ban of episodes from the past
1. You can't change the past
2. We won't be able to see finish line shower game telephone game early playings of cliffhangers punch a bunch penny ante and pre green section showcase showdown
3. They could put a censor bar over the coat and bleep out the description

Um, right. Anyways, I still don’t think the fur ban will outlive Bob, we’ll see those shows again some day.

Offline Tpirfan1995mr

• Outside in Line
« Reply #673 on: January 10, 2021, 12:18:07 AM »
It might be awhile but I can't wait for late 1987 when bob's hair went grey and the last playings of 4 digit dice game last days of the old one right price set. I also can't wait to see any cliffhangers playing from season 18 because I think that's the last season with the original mountain climber but I'm not sure

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #674 on: January 10, 2021, 01:03:07 AM »
It might be awhile but I can't wait for late 1987 when bob's hair went grey and the last playings of 4 digit dice game last days of the old one right price set. I also can't wait to see any cliffhangers playing from season 18 because I think that's the last season with the original mountain climber but I'm not sure

The change could've occurred in Season 17 or in Season 19; based off of the FAQ, the original mountain climber was gone before 7875D but the current one didn't appear before 7123D.  I wonder if the game was won or not before the switch, although it technically doesn't matter.  After all the episodes tape/air out-of-order.  But the switch happened between early 1989 and early 1991 for sure

While hair change is still available (it could change anytime however), we might be waiting for a long time.

The fur ban may or may not get lifted, but I think we could still see shows from Seasons 1-10.  Not all of them, but certain episodes.  GSN did air them within the past 25 years, specially Seasons 8 and 10
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck