Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 361034 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #705 on: January 20, 2021, 10:13:42 PM »
My recent calculations, or rather the recent calculations on the schedule had them looping back to 4581D at 4 PM Eastern and not 3 PM.  Based off of that, they're currently a couple hours ahead of schedule.

I haven't "aggressively" followed the episodes on Pluto since Monday at around 10 PM EST, so between that time and 3 PM EST they must have skipped an episode.  I'm not sure which one, but I guess it was 4753D.

The reason why they might have is that Pluto is airing episodes on Saturday (01/23/2021) featuring the best car wins (which might include 4753D).  That is according to the Barker Era Facebook page.  Not sure which episodes yet, but I imagine they'll emulate what they did for Christmas and start the marathon at 6 AM Eastern on Saturday and go until either Midnight or Sunday 01/24 at 6 AM EST
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2021, 06:38:43 AM »
As expected they did start the marathon at 6 am EST beginning with 4585D, knowing that, looks like I think there will be at least 8 episodes in the mix given that they skipped a few in the current cycle and one in the last cycle.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2021, 10:18:57 AM »
Apologies if this has been posted, but for those who have commented on the current 100-episode rotation, rejoice:

https://www.facebook.com/TPIRBarker/photos/a.144716527454769/156857799573975/

For those who don't have Facebook – On Tuesday, Feb. 2 (eight days from now), there will be 30 additional episodes in the rotation. New episodes will be added throughout the month until 200 episodes are in the rotation. I cannot nor will not speculate on further additions beyond that.

Brian

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #708 on: January 25, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »
Great to hear about the new-for-Pluto eps coming up! Bimonthly seems like a good pace to add new episodes into the rotation, averaging just under two per day. I'm not sure how reruns will take place after this next batch has been posted, but since BUZZR tends to loop back to the previous cycle after the current one prior to any new leases. Basically looping the entire season will take just over eight days, so that leaves around four cycles after the final new episodes will be posted. It will be nice to see #retrotime on Discord hopping with activity again.

Still, this will take us up to the Season 13 premiere provided that we pick up where we left off and don't skip any episodes or even add a skipped episode. Get ready for the new music cues, Deluxe Dice Game, the revised Double Prices/One Right Price/Take Two sets, the revised Five Price Tags/Temptation podiums, as well as the first playings of Master Key and possibly The Phone Home Game, as well as the final playings of It's Optional and Hurdles.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #709 on: January 25, 2021, 11:51:54 AM »
I think the Season 13 Premiere is about several hundred cycles away, but if all goes well we might get there this summer.  Barring any additions and no skips, we will get to 4991D, and adding another 100 would put us through around early 1984 but still in Season 12.  The next batch should include that special week where they plugged The PHG, and given the fact that they left the Fun & Games promos in this recent episodes, we could see them promoting that game.  FWIW, GSN edited those out in the 1999 airings of the Season 11 Finale Week

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #710 on: January 25, 2021, 12:01:57 PM »
Great to hear about the new-for-Pluto eps coming up! Bimonthly seems like a good pace to add new episodes into the rotation, averaging just under two per day. I'm not sure how reruns will take place after this next batch has been posted, but since BUZZR tends to loop back to the previous cycle after the current one prior to any new leases. Basically looping the entire season will take just over eight days, so that leaves around four cycles after the final new episodes will be posted. It will be nice to see #retrotime on Discord hopping with activity again.

Still, this will take us up to the Season 13 premiere provided that we pick up where we left off and don't skip any episodes or even add a skipped episode. Get ready for the new music cues, Deluxe Dice Game, the revised Double Prices/One Right Price/Take Two sets, the revised Five Price Tags/Temptation podiums, as well as the first playings of Master Key and possibly The Phone Home Game, as well as the final playings of It's Optional and Hurdles.

Also The New Card Game.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #711 on: January 25, 2021, 12:03:18 PM »
By the way on the car marathon this past Saturday they ran 12 episodes (4585D, 4591D, 4625D, 4665D, 4674D, 4701D, 4722D, 4743D, 4751D, 4753D, 4755D, and 4785D).

And about time they will finally release a batch of new episodes (even though it will be 30), that should take it barring no skips to 4851D (as well as fill in the gray shading of some of the episodes).

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #712 on: January 25, 2021, 12:04:38 PM »
The Facebook announcement said they're starting the new ones at 10 AM ET which is a little odd in that the last 4 episodes of the current 100-episode cycle would've aired at 10, 11, 12 and 1 that day. Those four episodes originally aired starting February 1st, 1983, so I wonder if their announcement was confused and counted all the February episodes airing that day as new-to-Pluto episodes. If so, there is a slight chance the new episodes actually start at 2 PM ET that day.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #713 on: January 25, 2021, 12:12:08 PM »
The Facebook announcement said they're starting the new ones at 10 AM ET which is a little odd in that the last 4 episodes of the current 100-episode cycle would've aired at 10, 11, 12 and 1 that day. Those four episodes originally aired starting February 1st, 1983, so I wonder if their announcement was confused and counted all the February episodes airing that day as new-to-Pluto episodes. If so, there is a slight chance the new episodes actually start at 2 PM ET that day.

At 7 AM today, they started over with 4581D.  They're currently skipping the episodes that aired on Saturday.  I haven't gotten around to figuring out what is slated to air between now and February 2nd, but I think the February 1983 episodes from the first 100 will air before 10 AM on 02/02/2021

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #714 on: January 25, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »
Oh, okay, I was just counting through the 100 episodes based on what is currently airing now. If they're still skipping episodes from Saturday then that will probably account for the schedule losing another four episodes before February 2nd.

If the 24-hour (or was it only 12-hour?) Saturday marathon had aired without them skipping anything from the regular cycles, the cycle would've restarted Monday, 1/25/2021 08:00PM ET. Since it restarted 13 hours earlier, I assume they skipped 13 episodes from the regular cycles. Looks like they already skipped 2 more today and we're expecting another 4 to be skipped before February 2nd. So a 12-episode special marathon seems like it will end up resulting in 19 skipped episodes.

That would also mean they will stop skipping Saturday marathon episodes from the current cycle sometime mid-day Wednesday. The only logic I can see they might have used is that they skipped airing Saturday marathon episodes for something like 3.5 days before the marathon and 3.5 days after the marathon. And because the regular cycle is 4 days and 4 hours, that may account for why some of the marathon episodes only get skipped once instead of twice. Two full airings of the 100 episodes didn't quite fit into the block of time where they deemed it desirable to skip episodes.

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #715 on: January 25, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
My counts may be off by one there, so the last episode they intend to skip may be 4674D at about 2 AM ET Wednesday this week. That should make for a total of 18 skipped episodes due to the marathon. It could be three 24-hour days pre and post the marathon where they skip episodes. I assume the marathon started at 6 AM Saturday and ran through 6 AM Sunday, so the period where episodes are skipped may be from Wednesday the 20th at 6 AM ET through Wednesday the 27th at 6 AM ET.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:01:09 PM by JediJones »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #716 on: January 25, 2021, 01:48:32 PM »
I believe they started skipping at 11 AM Eastern last Wednesday.  My calculations had the cycle looping back to 4581D at 4 PM on the same.  Instead, they started an hour early.  Therefore I'd say they skipped 4781D (the last of 12 episodes that were run on Saturday).  Whether they skip that again or not has yet to be determined

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #717 on: January 25, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »
For reference on where we are now, Monday at 2 PM was 4595 and 3 PM was 4601. Which should mean that the last appearance of 4581 was this morning at 5 AM.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #718 on: January 25, 2021, 04:16:35 PM »
In my area, the most recent appearance of 4581 was 7 AM, but the 3 PM showing was 4601.  Now they're on 4602; 4585 & 4591 were skipped today due to both of those running twice over the weekend as part of the "Car Special"

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #719 on: January 26, 2021, 12:07:03 PM »
On Tuesday, 11 AM was 4643 and 12 PM was 4644, which means two episodes were skipped between 4602 and 4643.