Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 360880 times)

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1125 on: September 18, 2021, 04:25:04 PM »
They messed up on at least 3 episodes near the end of the batch: 5354D was missing the initial 5, 5361 and 5362 are labelled as 5354 and 5355, and what we're assuming is 5371D is labelled as 5361D.

Speaking of 5355D, Tom Kennedy was called on down before IUFB#5 to promote Body Language, premiering the following Monday.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #1126 on: September 18, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »
I watch the channel through the Pluto TV website and was curious whether people who watch it via other methods have experienced the same minor technical difficulties recently.

For the past couple of weeks, somewhere between zero and two times per episode, the show will come back from commercial, but after about ten or fifteen seconds, the video will jump back to the beginning of coming back from commercial, play for maybe thirty seconds or so, then jump forward to get back on track. The problem isn't consistent with how often it happens or in which act of the show it happens.

In today's 10:00 a.m. Pacific (1:00 p.m. Eastern) airing -- mislabeled in Pluto's guide but actually 5361D -- the volume on the episode was extremely low and became static for most of the sixth pricing game into most of the second Showcase Showdown. I'm assuming this was an error contained within the video file of the episode itself, as the commercials played at the normal volume.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1127 on: September 18, 2021, 04:51:19 PM »
For the most current cycle, where can I see what episodes were aired and at what time?

And what episodes were included in the latest cycle? Apparently the Pluto guide has been way off during this one. It says they're on 5364 right now, which is obviously wrong.
https://bit.ly/plutotpir
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #1128 on: September 18, 2021, 05:02:11 PM »
- Holy smokes. Look at how much this dude won. That one-day high (for a CBS game show) won't stand for long, as some ice cream truck driver obliterates it a month down the road......

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1129 on: September 18, 2021, 05:26:30 PM »
I watch the channel through the Pluto TV website and was curious whether people who watch it via other methods have experienced the same minor technical difficulties recently.

For the past couple of weeks, somewhere between zero and two times per episode, the show will come back from commercial, but after about ten or fifteen seconds, the video will jump back to the beginning of coming back from commercial, play for maybe thirty seconds or so, then jump forward to get back on track. The problem isn't consistent with how often it happens or in which act of the show it happens.

In today's 10:00 a.m. Pacific (1:00 p.m. Eastern) airing -- mislabeled in Pluto's guide but actually 5361D -- the volume on the episode was extremely low and became static for most of the sixth pricing game into most of the second Showcase Showdown. I'm assuming this was an error contained within the video file of the episode itself, as the commercials played at the normal volume.

I watch via the Pluto TV app on my Apple TV - and everything you described, I experienced as well.

Offline saturn93

• In the Audience
« Reply #1130 on: September 18, 2021, 06:20:37 PM »

Same with the Pluto App, both via tablet and Samsung Phone.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #1131 on: September 18, 2021, 06:25:28 PM »
I watch on Roku and mine messes up frequently too. It does the same thing with the PBR Bull Riding, MST3K, and Rifftrax channels.

Also, that playing of Master Key with Bob breaking the key in half with a karate kick was priceless!
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1132 on: September 18, 2021, 07:04:31 PM »
Interestingly they have converted 5374, three down from the last of this batch (sorry for the confusion) but are going to catch the loop before it.

https://bit.ly/plutotpir
Thanks for this.  If this can be a resource, could it be edited into the lead post of the thread?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #1133 on: September 18, 2021, 08:01:40 PM »

I can confirm this was an issue with the video file of the episode itself and not an issue introduced by Pluto. The captioning for the episodes also went out and occasionally displayed (LOUD BUZZING) instead of actual dialogue. I doubt this issue will be fixed. I think it will be, if addressed at all, pulled from the rotation.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1134 on: September 18, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »
- Holy smokes. Look at how much this dude won. That one-day high (for a CBS game show) won't stand for long, as some ice cream truck driver obliterates it a month down the road......

Awesome, but why did they reveal his showcase second if he was under by $5K and the other player was over? In that situation, shouldn't the overbid have been revealed second?

Offline bduddy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1135 on: September 19, 2021, 05:13:34 AM »
Awesome, but why did they reveal his showcase second if he was under by $5K and the other player was over? In that situation, shouldn't the overbid have been revealed second?
probably so they could go straight into the "You're the biggest winner" announcement?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1136 on: September 19, 2021, 02:21:32 PM »

As far as anyone can tell, this was a problem with the master tape.  I can't believe Pluto actually aired it.  I'll be shocked if it gets run again this time around.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1137 on: September 19, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
Holy smokes. Look at how much this dude won. That one-day high (for a CBS game show).

I’ve done some adding up of some of the episodes where Golden Road was played and won, or the $25,000 prize won in Plinko, then figured in an $11,000 Showcase Showdown win, a $100 bonus for a perfect IUFB bid, and Double Showcase Win.

It’s not happened but in several early-to-mid 1980s shows I’m sure it was possible for a contestant to have won well more than $50,000 total. (Which would have been completely awesome had it ever happened.)

Brian
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:29:35 PM by Briguy »

Online mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1138 on: September 19, 2021, 08:32:12 PM »
I’ve done some adding up of some of the episodes where Golden Road was played and won, or the $25,000 prize won in Plinko, then figured in an $11,000 Showcase Showdown win, a $100 bonus for a perfect IUFB bid, and Double Showcase Win.

It’s not happened but in several early-to-mid 1980s shows I’m sure it was possible for a contestant to have won well more than $50,000 total. (Which would have been completely awesome had it ever happened.)

Brian

And if that had happened, the contestant would have had to donate some of his/her winnings to a charitable donation of their choice because of the CBS winnings limit and how much contestants could keep up to a maximum of at that point. I think the announcer would have had to make a disclaimer of it in post-production.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1139 on: September 19, 2021, 09:53:22 PM »
And if that had happened, the contestant would have had to donate some of his/her winnings to a charitable donation of their choice because of the CBS winnings limit and how much contestants could keep up to a maximum of at that point. I think the announcer would have had to make a disclaimer of it in post-production.
Not unless they cracked $75,000 (the way I understood it, after November 1984 you would retire at $50K, could keep up to $75K), which I heavily doubt would've been possible in the 80s on TPIR.