Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 361090 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1485 on: March 17, 2023, 03:04:39 PM »
Let's keep this apolitical, please and thanks.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1486 on: March 17, 2023, 03:26:24 PM »
I believe we also just saw Penny Ante get its final(?) paint job, correct? The scenery and set people were busy during that short taping break.
Actually, that was Penny Ante's second playing. The previous one (5734D) had the refreshed scheme.

Regarding the audience set changes, this confirms that the Kennedy version had the unique transitional set with the red seats on the aisles and the blue seats and gold curtains in the center sections. Those shows were believed to be taped the week of April 22, 1985 when the Barker version had the week off. That said, the first two episodes (5753D and 5754D) still had the gray-colored PA booth (you know, the podium that once had a pink G-T asterisk in the late '90s/early 2000s) at the end of the aisle on the right-hand side of the audience in front of the entrance door). This was soon changed to red by the end of that taping week.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #1487 on: March 18, 2023, 05:06:09 PM »
Now, was Telephone Game blocked or did all three playings happened to be on episodes in which a fur was given away? 🤔

As far as I am aware, Telephone Game was only played on fur episodes. The game itself is confusing as hell but completely inoffensive.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline tybuki

• In the Audience
« Reply #1488 on: March 19, 2023, 09:07:27 AM »
A word is defined by what its common usage by the public is. "Cool" originally meant something with a low temperature. Then it transformed into being a status of popularity.  Gay used to mean happy.  Now it means something else.  Woke may have started out as one meaning but its meaning has changed over time. The way Roger uses it is common now among Conservatives and the Right.
No one uses the word "woke" except for "Conservatives" that want to get around using the words they REALLY want to use.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #1489 on: March 19, 2023, 10:04:17 AM »
Last warning. No more politics please
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Hockeyman

• In the Audience
« Reply #1490 on: March 19, 2023, 10:36:38 AM »
This forum is meant for discussion of The Price Is Right and not for any political talk.  Listen to Roadgeek Adam and take all of the political talk outside of this forum.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1491 on: March 20, 2023, 09:06:22 PM »
#5771D features a costly blooper in which Bob ends up awarding the prize before it is even revealed! They never even play the game!

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1492 on: March 20, 2023, 09:44:23 PM »
And though it may only matter to me, by #5772D, June 11, 1985, Bob has begun properly saying "El Cheapo" (in place of "Old Cheap-o") in Money Game.

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1493 on: March 21, 2023, 12:00:43 AM »
#5771D features a costly blooper in which Bob ends up awarding the prize before it is even revealed! They never even play the game!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #1494 on: March 21, 2023, 12:19:09 AM »
A genuine case of the hackneyed game show cliche: Tell them what they've won, Johnny!

Also an example of a pricing game before Switch where you do nothing to win. Granted, through technical means, but it's still true.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Renny

• In the Audience
« Reply #1495 on: March 21, 2023, 11:06:50 PM »
Just saw a wipeout in Master Key on show #5774D. Man, that's terrible. I think that's the first time it happened.

That particular show also marked the first appearance of 5-digit One Away, I believe.
"You realize... We are in the presence of a miracle!" - Bob Barker

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1496 on: March 22, 2023, 02:01:00 PM »
Drew’s Sad/Happy Promo on Pluto:

On the Pluto Barker Era channel they have this promo for Drew’s CBS Daytime effort. (A little Paramount synergy).
Its as if it was produced by a manic-depressive. (perhaps Drew)
The music is some simpering Lillith Fair voice cooing about a “great day” with Drew self consciously and half heartedly assuring the audience that “its an exciting show”
Nothing, I mean nothing, about the whole promo projects excitement or greatness.  I imagine this is what the play at the home to keep the patients calm.

It is laughable.  It is horrible.  It is unwatchable.  It is unrecognizable as anything that would, could or should be used to attract eyeballs to CBS daytime, particularly TPIR, in any era.
One thing’s for sure: it is pure projection of the devolution of this program.  I don’t care what the ratings are.  And they are what they are only as a result of Whoopie and Joy Behar being more repulsive
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:11:17 PM by johnnymatch »
John, Rod, Rich... What is the next name on your list?

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1497 on: March 22, 2023, 02:26:46 PM »
I'm not even sure where to begin with your tasteless, tacky, unneeded and outright wrong post.

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #1498 on: March 22, 2023, 02:31:12 PM »
Johnnymatch,

What in the world are you talking about?  Maybe, your realize that the promos are just to remind people that Price Is Right is still on even after 51 years?  Perhaps, you don't want to show a promo with some contestants who are overly excited and want to become Youtube sensations.
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1499 on: March 22, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »
and here comes another instance of a thread being derailed to become just another avenue to say "drew sucks"

dude, it's his 16th season as host

he'd be fired if TPTB thought he sucked as much as you guys say he does