Author Topic: Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV  (Read 3757 times)

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 07:24:56 PM »
It would be nice to see a PlutoTV channel dedicated to the old PBS home improvement series, Hometime. After it's last episode aired in 2016, Hometime seemingly disappeared without a trace...no reruns, no DVDs, no nada, as if nobody even knew that show existed...

Surprising they don't rerun those on their own Create sub-channel, as they do with episodes of This Old House and many of their other shows.

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 09:05:29 PM »
Old Nickelodeon Show reuns from the 80s like Double Dare, Finders Keepers, Think Fast, Make the Grade, and Get The Picture.

A channel for reruns of Hogan Family and Benson.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • pain
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »
^I know it might not be what you want, but if you pay for CBS All Access, they have about 250 episode of Double Dare. I think Pluto used to have Double Dare, but it might be behind a paywall now.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: $probably like $200k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Online pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2021, 01:03:27 AM »
^I know it might not be what you want, but if you pay for CBS All Access, they have about 250 episode of Double Dare. I think Pluto used to have Double Dare, but it might be behind a paywall now.

Is Pluto going paid at this point? Did I miss something?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • pain
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2021, 01:09:14 AM »
Pluto is always free; but Pluto is owned by CBSViacom. Rephrasing, I meant that Double Dare might have been available in the free on Pluto before as part of a Nick Games channel, but then to pad CBS All Access's library, The Powers That Be could have decided to stop airing the show for free and put it behind a subscription service.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: $probably like $200k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2021, 01:34:14 AM »
To be fair, CBS All Access is being rebranded to Paramount+ on March 4th to better reflect the content available on the service after the CBS and Viacom merger. PlutoTV is more similar to a traditional linear TV service as opposed to a typical non-linear on-demand streaming platform.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.