Author Topic: Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 10:51:59 AM »
For this time of year, it would be great to see a classic holiday channel (same for each holiday as they roll around), giving a chance for many of the vintage specials, both animated and live action, that haven't been seen outside of YouTube for years to reach the airwaves again. 

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 11:31:40 PM »
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Late Night with David Letterman and Conan
90s talk shows (Jenny Jones,Montel,Ricki Lake)

Roseanne
Two and a half men (Charlie Sheen era)
Roseanne
All in the Family
Jeffersons
Goodtimes
Marred with Children
Snl
Madtv
Living color

Offline superballfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2020, 12:28:51 AM »
In honor of Alex Trebek, Classic Concentration.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »
Easy: Game Show Central Classic. Time for a dedicated channel for all of the Sony owned game show properties.

ITA.  I’m actually surprised that Sony-owned game shows aren’t available.  In available, I mean on Pluto.  The last I checked Barry/Enright creations are still available.  For Merv Griffin creations, Wheel I think is out there.  It would be nice to have Jeopardy available, especially next year for those who would rather not tune into the show without Alex.  Of course, that’s easier said than done, but that aside, I would love for there to be a classic Game Show Central sooner rather than later
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 01:57:49 PM »

ITA.  I’m actually surprised that Sony-owned game shows aren’t available.  In available, I mean on Pluto.  The last I checked Barry/Enright creations are still available.  For Merv Griffin creations, Wheel I think is out there.  It would be nice to have Jeopardy available, especially next year for those who would rather not tune into the show without Alex.  Of course, that’s easier said than done, but that aside, I would love for there to be a classic Game Show Central sooner rather than later

Ditto. Sony has a huge catalog of Merv Griffith/Sony, Barry-Enright, Bob Stewart and Chuck Barris games not to mention other smaller companies I might have left out. The channel could be easily paired next to Buzzr. Totally shocked it hasn't happened yet.

Edit: Does Sony on the rights to Kilne and Friends? It would be nice to see the daytime and nighttime versions of Win, Lose or Draw again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:03:46 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
Hi!  I'd like to see classic shows like Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Disneyland, Mickey Mouse Club, Newlywed Game, Solid Gold, American Bandstand, Divorce Court w/ William Keene (1980's), and Peoples Court w/ Joseph Wapner.
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 11:02:48 AM »

-Sesame Street

-Classic ABC TGIF shows

-The Simpsons (Especially the '90s)
-Looney Tunes

For Sesame Street, Most TGIF shows and Looney Tunes, you would have to go over to either HBO Max or to Netflix.  For the Simpsons you would have to go see Disney+ for exclusivity.

What I would love to see on Pluto TV even though it's not available here in Canada would be the Star Wars Holiday special, Droids and Ewoks.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »
It would be nice to get a channel dedicated to all the MTV programming that has disappeared into the voids due to music clearance issues. Headbangers Ball, MTV Oddities, Remote Control, Loveline, Beavis and Butthead, etc. Their archive is massive and mostly lost amongst collectors.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2020, 01:50:48 PM »
The New $25,000 Pyramid, including the 1984 and April-October 1987 episodes that GSN didn't show.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 04:45:42 PM »
It would be nice to get a channel dedicated to all the MTV programming that has disappeared into the voids due to music clearance issues. Headbangers Ball, MTV Oddities, Remote Control, Loveline, Beavis and Butthead, etc. Their archive is massive and mostly lost amongst collectors.

I'd even include shows like Club MTV, Postmodern, 120 Minutes, Dial MTV, weekend concerts, classic Top 20 Video Countdown episodes, the short-lived game show Turn It Up, Singled Out, Liquid Television, and even MTV News broadcasts to see the talent in action. Yes, we have MTV Classic, but its just videos for the most part (no offense to MTV purists, but there was a lot of great specialty programming back in the '80s/'90s).

And speaking of which, their legal clients (OpSec Online) target my Internet Archive account for their 1986 VMAs. It seems like with IA's recent revamp, I fear that more and more digital clients will target more properties/users. It doesn't have a strike system and works similar to Dailymotion in terms of suspending accounts based on an undisclosed number of removals, but MTV/Viacom was a big reason why my old Dailymotion account got suspended about two years ago. But for now, tape trading/file sharing seems to be the only viable option at this time.

But of course I'd love to see a classic Dick Clark Productions channel, including AB, Where The Action Is/Happening, specials, and perhaps even Pyramid as well.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2020, 01:16:57 AM »
I'll third Late Night with David Letterman. Those haven't been rerun anywhere for about 15 years apparently. I know Dave didn't like the reruns competing with attention for his main show, but that's no longer an issue. Pluto should definitely focus on series with really long runs that can't realistically be made available on disc.

I would also love Richard Dawson Family Feud. Buzzr's certainly aired a generous helping of that era but I'd guess it's still a small fraction of the combined day time and night time runs. It'd be good for a Pluto channel to focus on night time since I think Buzzr's barely touched those.

I noticed the Johnny Carson channel on Pluto has edits in the episodes, seemingly for time. Where in the middle of an interview, it'll just fade out and in to remove some of the chatter. I'm not sure why, since Antenna TV airs the episodes seemingly without edits.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2020, 01:37:55 AM »
I would also love Richard Dawson Family Feud. Buzzr's certainly aired a generous helping of that era but I'd guess it's still a small fraction of the combined day time and night time runs. It'd be good for a Pluto channel to focus on night time since I think Buzzr's barely touched those.

I noticed the Johnny Carson channel on Pluto has edits in the episodes, seemingly for time. Where in the middle of an interview, it'll just fade out and in to remove some of the chatter. I'm not sure why, since Antenna TV airs the episodes seemingly without edits.

What about a classic Feud channel altogether? Ie: Dawson and Combs day and night? I could see that working.

And as to Carson, I wonder if they're using old copies, like Turner Classic edited stuff like they once used in small clips, or DVD/YouTube based material. I got nothing otherwise though.

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2021, 12:16:14 AM »
Their Carson channel seems to be sourced from Shout Factory TV, which apparently started showing Carson episodes in April 2020. Shout has episodes free on-demand on their web site. I think these are the same copies with the same edits that Pluto airs. Antenna TV's Carson episodes do not have these edits, even when Antenna TV airs the same exact episode. I think Shout has their own "channel" they stream also. I can only assume Shout edited the episodes to fit in more ads when running them on their personal streaming channel. I don't think Pluto would've opted to do that, but since Shout is managing their channel, they use Shout's edited episodes.

For example, this episode is 6 minutes shorter on Shout than it is on the official Carson YouTube channel.

https://www.shoutfactorytv.com/the-johnny-carson-show/the-johnny-carson-show-the-best-of-george-carlin-11-26-86/5e83f28e85807d00015cdb8b

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 04:16:54 AM »
But of course I'd love to see a classic Dick Clark Productions channel, including AB, Where The Action Is/Happening, specials, and perhaps even Pyramid as well.

What about TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes (or even simply Bloopers)?

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 09:38:25 PM »
It would be nice to see a PlutoTV channel dedicated to the old PBS home improvement series, Hometime. After it's last episode aired in 2016, Hometime seemingly disappeared without a trace...no reruns, no DVDs, no nada, as if nobody even knew that show existed...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 09:43:02 PM by whowouldeverhurtawhammy »
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!