Author Topic: Past Game Shows with audience participation games.  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Past Game Shows with audience participation games.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »
Didn't Tic Tac Dough have a "Dragon Finders" audience game?  It's an old recollection,  but I feel like there was a small prize given to the audience member if they found the dragon on the bonus round board. 

Classic Concentration would also occasionally have someone from the audience play the bonus round for dollar amounts if there was time available at the end of the show.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 04:26:15 PM »
I don't know why, but I thought that if PYL had a little extra time at the end of the show, they could've had an audience member or two come up on stage to face the big board. Give them 1 spin. If they land on a Whammy, they win a free PYL T-Shirt. Not sure what would happen if the audience member would land on a space that had a dollar amount and a free spin. and maybe reduce the dollar amounts to somewhere between maybe $100-$250 to start and then the max would be $1000. Not even sure about the prizes.

Could they have replaced out any + a spin spaces? I don't see why they couldn't.....the home player spin thing worked that way as I recall.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 04:55:17 PM »
Now that you say that, that home player spin thing definitely worked quite well, and something similar would've been perfect for the audience.

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 05:21:31 PM »
1990-1991's To Tell the Truth's audience game, is another example.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 05:48:23 PM »
1990-1991's To Tell the Truth's audience game, is another example.

1980-81 version had a similar game as well.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 07:34:44 PM »
Didn't Tic Tac Dough have a "Dragon Finders" audience game?  It's an old recollection,  but I feel like there was a small prize given to the audience member if they found the dragon on the bonus round board.
They did. The special podium was...something.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »
Not really a game show, but the '90s Nickelodeon show "Weinerville" had a segment where two audience members would "transform" themselves into a game where their hands shrink in size to the point where strings must be used, with the Silver/Golden Hot Dog trophies as prizes.

Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 02:34:00 PM »
During the Blyden era, “What’s My Line?” had the timefill segment “Who’s Who?”, which had four pre-selected studio audience members come up on stage.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 02:59:46 PM »
Not really a game show, but the '90s Nickelodeon show "Weinerville" had a segment where two audience members would "transform" themselves into a game where their hands shrink in size to the point where strings must be used, with the Silver/Golden Hot Dog trophies as prizes.

Could Slime Time Live count on this similar? It wasn't a game show either but had an audience participation element like Weinerville did.