Author Topic: Clock Game and coronavirus  (Read 1027 times)

Offline b_masters8

• Walking the Golden Road
Clock Game and coronavirus
« on: December 12, 2020, 07:57:27 AM »
I was just wondering-- being as TPIR has no audience now due to COVID-19 restriction, has Clock Game been played yet in this new COVID-19 format?

The reason I am asking is because the rules of Clock Game say that the audience cannot help and has to be quiet (just the player and Drew [before, just the player and Bob/Tom/Dennis/Doug]); now as there is no audience to worry about, is Clock Game played even closer to what the rules are, if it is played?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Clock Game and coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 08:07:01 AM »
Yes, it was even played earlier this week.

As you might imagine, the nonexistent audience was very quiet.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline b_masters8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 08:09:49 AM »
Yes, it was even played earlier this week.

As you might imagine, the nonexistent audience was very quiet.

Ah! Didn't know it was. I'll have to look that up on YouTube (couldn't see it on DISH, because my local CBS [WSPA] is owned by Nexstar, and Nexstar is in dispute w/DISH over transmission fees, so WSPA is dark for the interim). Thanks for that response!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 09:04:39 AM »
Ah! Didn't know it was. I'll have to look that up on YouTube (couldn't see it on DISH, because my local CBS [WSPA] is owned by Nexstar, and Nexstar is in dispute w/DISH over transmission fees, so WSPA is dark for the interim). Thanks for that response!

Same thing happened with Nexstar in my own market, but it's with the Fox affiliate (WJZY) and sister station WMYT, a MyNetwork TV affiliate. In case you were wondering, WBTV (CBS) is owned by Gray Television, so you might want to try that as an alternative.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/19
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 10:58:27 AM »
I was just wondering-- being as TPIR has no audience now due to COVID-19 restriction, has Clock Game been played yet in this new COVID-19 format?

The reason I am asking is because the rules of Clock Game say that the audience cannot help and has to be quiet (just the player and Drew [before, just the player and Bob/Tom/Dennis/Doug]); now as there is no audience to worry about, is Clock Game played even closer to what the rules are, if it is played?

When was Clock Game ever not totally played by the rules? Are you saying the audience helped out in the past?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 12:42:33 PM »
When was Clock Game ever not totally played by the rules? Are you saying the audience helped out in the past?
There's one September 1972 episode (pretty sure it's on the DVD set) where the audience joins along with Bob on the "higher" and "lower" calls.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 12:47:20 PM »
There's one September 1972 episode (pretty sure it's on the DVD set) where the audience joins along with Bob on the "higher" and "lower" calls.

Bob put a stop to that rather quickly. Not too long afterwards he told the audience not to say "Higher" or "Lower" along with him.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won