Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/16/2020  (Read 2509 times)

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/16/2020
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 09:51:54 PM »
Another ugly show, but the best part was easily when this Adam got an A souvenir from Spelling Bee.

3/10
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 09:54:31 PM by rockyboy34 »

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 11:24:48 PM »
After getting skunked on the pricing games, I was somewhat relieved when Elvia made that obvious low-ball $18,500 bid, averting the dreaded "El Skunko."  :garf:

As for Danger Price, I suspect that despite the incorrect price on the scooter package not affecting the outcome of the game or the pecking order on the 2nd Showcase Showdown, I suspect that CBS and/or Freemantle S&P wanted to CYAAAA by awarding the prized in Danger after-the-fact. 🛑
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »
If 5 card Bee is lost (and there's a 27% chance of it happening, per my simulations), the vast majority of that time it's going to be a bunch of C's and A's. A 4/1 split of those isn't THAT uncommon then. They made way too big a deal out of nothing.
Given the fact that 5 card playings don't happen that often due to the usual difficulty of the SPs for most players, to have a five card playing play out that badly was notable enough for them to make the deal out of it that they did. Because sure, statistics say that's probably going to happen, but they don't get to *see* it happen.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Double_R

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »
Adam could've used that $42,999 bid from earlier this week for HIS showcase instead. But, unfortunately,  we aren't playing "Could'ves". ;)