Author Topic: Alternative version of Rudolph the Nosed Reindeer  (Read 1555 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Alternative version of Rudolph the Nosed Reindeer
« on: December 16, 2020, 12:18:20 PM »
So, many of us are familiar with the Rankin Bass classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from 1964. Well, I came across an alternative version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, apparently from 1948 and really enjoyed it. This one is is short and focuses on Rudolph himself.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Alternative version of Rudolph the Nosed Reindeer
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 02:44:12 PM »
Believe it or not, this version is actually more true to the 1939 original story by Robert L. May. I actually had it on VHS as a kid that contained several other vintage shorts, including a short that ends with the "and they swam and they swam right over the dam" song. I did feel a little disappointed growing up when I saw "The End" since it just felt too brief for a good story, but a short as it is, it felt very magical to a five, six-year old's mind. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Alternative version of Rudolph the Nosed Reindeer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
On which note, if I'm not mistaken, there was similarly a short black and white 5 minute adaptation of Frosty that was produced a decade or so before the version we all know and aired repeatedly for years on Chicago area television.