Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/22/2020  (Read 2628 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/22/2020
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:23 AM »
I too was bothered by how simple Pay the Rent was on this episode. It looks like the producers were pulling out all their tricks to get as many viewers to watch the Price at Night episode later that day. Iím sure they were thinking a big win in the morning means more viewers will want to tune in at night.

Pathfinderís shot of the small prizes looked awkward with that extended platform blocking the base of the far right podium. Maybe that shot will be staged slightly differently in future platings?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 11:44:34 PM »
I too was bothered by how simple Pay the Rent was on this episode. It looks like the producers were pulling out all their tricks to get as many viewers to watch the Price at Night episode later that day. Iím sure they were thinking a big win in the morning means more viewers will want to tune in at night.

I actually don't think they had anything to do with one another -- this was Wednesday's show, and I'm pretty sure they only delayed Tuesday's so people wouldn't be watching One WrÝng Price for three cars and Triple Play on the same day.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 09:11:59 PM »
Yeah, we're certainly not owed any explanation, but I'd love to know the reasoning behind expanding Pathfinder's platform. Because I'm trying to understand what the difference is between Drew standing on the floor away from the contestant or standing six extra inches off the ground. Perhaps the angle is affected for him to see all the numbers when he's on the floor versus when he's level with the contestant? It didn't seem like it'd be that big of a difference, but maybe it is. Just really curious, because otherwise, it comes off as pointless and I know they didn't do these things without a reason.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 02:28:38 AM »
Yeah, we're certainly not owed any explanation, but I'd love to know the reasoning behind expanding Pathfinder's platform. Because I'm trying to understand what the difference is between Drew standing on the floor away from the contestant or standing six extra inches off the ground. Perhaps the angle is affected for him to see all the numbers when he's on the floor versus when he's level with the contestant? It didn't seem like it'd be that big of a difference, but maybe it is. Just really curious, because otherwise, it comes off as pointless and I know they didn't do these things without a reason.

I would imagine they just wanted to make sure social distancing was possible while still having everyone at the same height.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
Trying to envision how to stage the shot now with social distancing, I wind up where Steve is saying, in my mind at least. I'd rather begin from having the host and contestant at the same level. At the same time, I could see how the digits furthest away could be more difficult to see if the host is not at the same level. Kind of a potential 2 for the price of 1 reason to tweak the set.