Author Topic: 2021 Obituaries Thread  (Read 83149 times)

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: 2021 Obituaries Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2021, 08:22:55 PM »
For me personally, I remember her as Lois' mother on Malcolm In the Middle. She was good on there even though it was one of those characters that you hate.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »
Thanks for the memories, Frau Bluecher (NEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHH!!!!!!)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2021, 09:58:18 PM »
"Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup."

RIP, Cloris Leachman. Another Hollywood legend gone.
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2021, 10:21:37 AM »
Singer Songwriter Jimmie Rodgers died from kidney disease at the age of 87: https://people.com/music/jimmie-rodgers-dead-age-87-kidney-disease/

Biggest hits were songs like "Honeycomb" and "Kisses Sweeter Than Wine."

Bit of trivia here: Jimmie Rodgers shared the same name as the Father of Country Music – also named Jimmie Rodgers. In fact, the younger Jimmie was born just a few months after the older singer (nicknamed "The Singing Brakeman") died of tuberculosis in 1933.  I'm sure there were a few who did a double-take when, in the mid-1950s, this handsome 20s-something lad was singing rockabilly music, whose sound was in direct contrast to the legendary recordings of the late 1920s and 1930s by the elder Rodgers. According to Wikipedia, the younger Rodgers used his middle initial – F. – in his songwriting credits to distinguish himself.

He was also one of the few country music artists ever to have success on what's now Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. That's how much appeal country music of the latter half of the 1950s had in the mainstream.

Another country music legend, gone.

Brian

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2021, 03:03:11 PM »
Sonny Fox, host of the local NYC kids show Wonderama, age 95 of pneumonia. Fox was also a game show host, filling in for Hal March on The $64,000 Question and Bill Cullen on The Price Is Right as well as hosting Way Out Games for CBS in 1976 on Saturdays.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2021, 11:26:38 PM »
Oh, another one that hurts. I loved her characters, especially in the Madea films. Such a talented actress.

Prayers for her family.

Man, Larry King, Cloris Leachman, and Cecily Tyson. Three legends gone.
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »
Sonny Fox, host of the original Wonderama died on Sunday at the age of 95: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sonny-fox-tv-host-who-connected-with-kids-on-wonderama-dies-at-95

Also, college basketball coaching legend John Chaney died at the age of 89: https://apnews.com/article/john-chaney-dead-cd9f6984b8b24165f18a296b6d552d40

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2021, 10:37:20 AM »
^ Sonny Fox was already mentioned four posts up.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2021, 05:22:56 AM »
Hilton Valentine, guitarist for 60s group the Animals (House of the Rising Sun, We Gotta Get Out of This Place), age 77, no cause given.
--Michel de Montaigne

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2021, 05:55:23 AM »
Allan Burns, co-creator of The Munsters and The Mary Tyler Moore Show among others, age 85. No cause given. Burns also wrote for The Bullwinkle Show and George of the Jungle.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2021, 06:59:25 AM »
Man, that was a tough January for the obits, the last third of it in particular. We're nearly double the pace of 2020 so far. MLB's Home Run King to many, Mrs. Rogers, CNN's biggest talk show personality, one of the last Golden Age of Hollywood starlets, a Bond Girl, half of a legendary magic duo, the biggest producer to come out of the Brill Building, one of the Top 10 MLB managers known for Ultra Slim-Fast commercials, just to name a few. It proves to live every day like its a gift, since you don't know when you or somebody else pass into a world that's 100% alien to the one we're in presently.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline jmorgan

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2021, 02:07:03 PM »
And now, we start off February with Screech himself, Dustin Diamond.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dustin-diamond-screech-on-saved-by-the-bell-dies-at-44-report

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2021, 04:36:40 PM »
And now, we start off February with Screech himself, Dustin Diamond.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dustin-diamond-screech-on-saved-by-the-bell-dies-at-44-report

I hope he's finally found peace. He was a very flawed individual.