Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 3 - Throwback to Season 48  (Read 23312 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 3 - Throwback to Season 48
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2021, 10:56:52 AM »
$1,198 for 123^3... *ding!*
...and $1 for pathy... *ding!*

The actual retail price is...

Oh yikes. $4,594. Well, numbers, it wasn't pretty, but come on up!

...and we have something for you!

...how about this BIG WALL CLOCK!

From Qlocktwo, this clock measures 1.8 meters long and 1.8 meters tall, so you will be able to see the time from anywhere inside of your house!

You're going to play Coming or Going.

I'd love to join, but please, whatever you do, don't make me play Now or Then.

There are just so many reasons. First off, I don't want to be anywhere near that eyesore. You've updated the set? There are still problems

I want a bit of a challenge to show off of my pricing prowess, or eat some humble pie when I royally mess up. I don't want to play a game where I can basically guarantee a win using the proper strategy.

The game's a borefest compared to some of the superior games out there. I'm not gonna be picky on the real show, but you better bet your bottom dollar I'll be picky in this hypothetical. You wanna add fireworks after each correct pick for some pizzazz? Still not enough.

That's my one wish, 9821. Don't force Now or Then on me. That is all.

If you thought Now or Then was the worst game for some reason, then this is much worse.

Now, either you can go Coming for a price of $39,999...

...or Going with a price of $99,993.

Coming or going, 123123123?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »
I swear every show of yours has this brand of clock, and every time it has some asinine price tag.  :-)

I can hear the tiny crowd behind me screaming, but I'm going with...going.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2021, 04:59:56 PM »
$99,993 is what he says... and the crowd is booing you. Well, the ARP is...

*BUZZ* *losing horns*

Aw well. I guess we'll see we'll see you soon in the showcase showdown.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2021, 05:07:11 PM »
And Showcase Showdown time! You know how it works, give me any integer, Plinkoman, we'll start with you.

Spinning Order:
Plinkoman ($3,418)
123123123 ($4,594)
geniusinmath ($14,297)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2021, 06:02:13 PM »
Yeah, poor choice on my part. My numbers will be 123 and 31.

I'll stop or stay tied with Plinkoman on 70+

Online Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2021, 07:34:43 PM »
I didn't know I was competing in TWO Showcase Showdowns! So, if I win do I face myself in the Showcases?
1,669 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
LOL, get back to the Showcase podii Plinkoman. I meant JayC.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2021, 08:36:05 PM »
I pick 12 and 21 for my 2 normal numbers and my bonus spin number if I make it that far is 26. I will stop at 70.

Online JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2021, 12:07:53 AM »
9 and 27 for my first two spins, 33 for the spin off/bonus spin. Stop at 70 or above.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2021, 07:14:35 PM »
So JayC's giving that wheel a whirl... and he's going to start out with a...

...I'm assuming you're spinning again? Okay, yeah. He is, and it's going to stop on...

Not bad, but not great either. Next up is 123123123... he spins it several times around, and lands on...

the 40 again. You're going to have to spin again. And this time, it's landing on... are you kidding me?

...well, it looks like we have a tie right now. Let's see if genius can break the tie here. He spins it, and round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows... and it's really going to be another low value again, fine.

Well, 25 to tie, anything above that and below 75 gets you to the showcases... I said below 75... no...

MRRRRRP

Aw, that spin would have been great the first time around. So sorry about that.

But JayC and 123123123, come back over here. You each get one spin each, higher number goes onto the showcase, please don't tie this. JayC spins the wheel, and it's going to stop at...

...a good spin! 123123123, it's up to you to beat a 75. Good luck! (I need another number from you)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2021, 08:16:12 PM »
If I have to beat a 75, guess I'll have to go with 76

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2021, 08:46:34 PM »
and 123123123's got a huge spin... and it's going to be close... he might hit that dollar!

...aw. So close. Well, enjoy the cameras! However, JayC is going to have some chance at redemption and maybe win a car, right after this!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »

The Showcase Podii got left out in the rain, so I had to be resourceful and reuse the other thingy. However, congrats on making it to the showcases you two! I also stole two randomly-selected showcase themes from last season. Good luck!

Plinkoman and JayC, we want you to know that spring weather is almost here! So, what better way to enjoy the fresh air and the scenery... with this golf package!

This golf cart has a max load of 800 pounds and has a 4.4 horsepower engine! And take your golf cart on the green with a pair of his and her golf clubs! One 12-pack of balls is included!

Then, when you've mastered your golf skills at home, be sure to take your golf clubs with you... on your trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming!

You and a guest will fly roundtrip coach from Los Angeles to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for a seven night stay in a suite at The Lexington at Jackson Hole, where you'll enjoy contemporary western service and comfort at this serene getaway! Daily breakfast plus two 18-hole games with a golf cart rental are included!

Finally, make your love of golf known worldwide... with a trip to Ireland!

You and a guest will fly roundtrip coach from Los Angeles to Kerry, Ireland, where you'll be given a rental car to drive to your seven nights in a three-bedroom home through Stay YNA. Take in the gorgeous sights, and enjoy two rounds of golf at the Ceann Sibeal Golf Club!

So, it's a golf cart and clubs, a trip to Wyoming, and a trip to Ireland! And you'll get into the swing of things, but only if The Price is Right!

Plinkoman, you won more than JayC. Would you like to bid on this showcase or pass it?

Online Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2021, 07:23:33 PM »
I think I'm going to bid on this one.

$36,539
1,669 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2021, 07:57:45 PM »
*ding!*

JayC, I hope you like this showcase, because it's all we've got left!

We stole this showcase from a week that involved mashing things up, and since we don't have the legal right to mention the show that involves deals, your showcase is a generic two-prizer! And what is a generic two-prizer without a trip... to a generic place!

You and a guest will fly roundtrip coach from Los Angeles to Podgorica Airport, for a six night stay in the Aman Sveti Stefan. Enjoy the lovely sights at some generic location that isn't America!

Finally, no generic two-prizer isn't complete without some generic motorized vehicle!

It's the 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage Outlander ES! This generic vehicle comes with generic features like continuously variable transmission, and a generic list of features that might or might be dealership exclusive: Auto Climate Control, Fog Lights, Security System, Rain Sensing Wipers, Steering Wheel Controlls, and Traction Control!

And this showcase, which ended generically, can be yours, but only if, generically, The Price is Right!

JayC, what say you?