Author Topic: Celebrating Season 50  (Read 6368 times)

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
Celebrating Season 50
« on: January 06, 2021, 12:18:36 PM »
TPIR and so many other parts of life are up in the air right now, so here's some positive thinking: Season 50 is just a few months away! I wonder if you all have any predictions/ideas for how the show could celebrate, hopefully with things on their way back to normal by then.

I think it'd be great to increase the dollar bonus on the wheel to $50,000 for the entire season. I guess you could paint the 50 cent space gold and put it there instead (similar to Big Money Week in Season 45), but it might be awkward to have another money space opposite the other three.

50 years is a huge milestone, so here's hoping they get to do something really special!

(I know similar threads have been made in the past, but it looks like it's been nearly 3 years since the last one, so hopefully this is okay.)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Celebrating Season 50
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »
At this point, I'd be happy if they were allowed to have audiences again...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 01:42:22 PM »
Like I said in the other thread, I hope the big doors get some fancy design celebrating the milestone.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »
I have absolutely no idea what his health is like, but I hope if Bob is still with us, we could get some sort of recorded greeting from him celebrating 50 years

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 11:28:27 AM »
I wish there would be a $500K Plinko, a $50K Grand Game or Punch a Bunch, or in some way they'd pull of to give 5 cars. Just a great way to start off a momentous episode.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 11:53:19 AM »
Maybe I'm being optimistic, but assuming the pandemic will lessen by September, I think we'll get a studio audience back for S50. Not a packed house like it used to be--at least not right away--but a safely-distanced 1/3-capacity crowd would probably be permissible.

I also hope we get a new pricing game sometime during the season. It's been nearly four years since the last one was introduced.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:06 PM »
I wish there would be a $500K Plinko, a $50K Grand Game or Punch a Bunch, or in some way they'd pull of to give 5 cars. Just a great way to start off a momentous episode.

Well, they could always revive Credit Card if they wanted to give away five cars.  Or not; the showcase can handle that part of the celebration.  $50 PAB and GG would be very good and simple to do.  Plus, have 50 cents in the SCSD worth something (but not to the point where it affects the SCSD winner).

Plinko for half a million would be nice, but I might leave it.  It'll be a waste if the center slot doesn't get hit for at least $100,000.  What they could do, is emulate the Superball rules (which would somewhat mirror what the rules were for the 2008 MDS).  IOW, have a "super chip" earned with correct pricing for a 5th SM.  Then regardless of what was won prior to that point.  If a player hits the center slot, they win and become $50,000 richer.  Other money amounts are worth 5X as much (500 * 5 = $2,500, 1000 * 5 = $5,000 etc).

Aside from that, I'm with CU: If the only celebration done next year was the show having a studio audience, that would be enough for me.  The lives of a lot of people, too many people TBH are gone forever.  Whatever happens next year, they won't be there.  They won't be able to tune into the show or do anything else.  Total respect for the show and making it work under the current conditions. 

The optimism is there, but the staff has done pretty much everything right as it relates to the pandemic. 

A new pricing game would definitely be awesome.  It has been a while, even though what they have now is good enough going forward
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 04:20:22 PM »
The only way I can see them giving away five cars is via Bonus Game or Shell Game with four cars as the 'small' prizes, and a Golden Road level car for the bonus prize.  It'd require some clever logistics to get all five cars on stage so the contestant can see them, and that none are blocked by another car, but I can think of a few ways it could be done. (2 cars behind the left/right doors & bonus in the center, TV display showing each car)

Given those choices, I think they would go with Bonus Game because a sweep in Shell Game would be a budget buster and a half

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 09:56:17 AM »
The only way I can see them giving away five cars is via Bonus Game or Shell Game with four cars as the 'small' prizes, and a Golden Road level car for the bonus prize.

Whoa, now this is a cool idea.

As for staging, I think I'd put the four cars behind the Race Game curtain like in S40, reveal them without describing them, then have Drew talk to the contestant again before revealing the fifth car behind Door #2. Then they could walk up to the turntable, spin Bonus Game around, and describe each of the four cars as the game is played.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:05:27 AM by TPIRighteous »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
I think it's more likely they would play Triple Play and then follow it by a two-prize game offering two cars in order to offer five cars than offering five cars in a single pricing game.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »
Or having cars in every game, not just car games.   And include Danger Price, Clearance Sale and Swap Meet.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 06:30:57 PM »
It would be a neat start for them to give the cars in a triple-double fashion. Only the staging for Danger and Swap would be tricky, 'cause the backdrops and the main gameboards/titles are put to consideration. As for Clearance Sale, I don't really know.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 06:49:23 PM »
At this point, I'd be happy if they were allowed to have audiences again...

I agree the show is awkward  with out one

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 08:36:26 PM »
I think it's more likely they would play Triple Play and then follow it by a two-prize game offering two cars in order to offer five cars than offering five cars in a single pricing game.

Quintuple Play. You can’t win one car. You can’t win two cars. You can’t win three cars. You can’t win four cars. You must win all five automobiles.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 09:29:03 PM »
Just an idea, if they were to offer 5 cars, they could play for a first pair of low-range cars (total price, 2 choices), then a second pair for 2 mid-range cars (total price, 3 choices), and a Goldy-type car at the end (4 choices), on Triple Play.