Author Topic: Looking for Date of Take Two Auto-Win  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: Looking for Date of Take Two Auto-Win
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 11:59:37 AM »
Actually that wasn't what was meant I don't think. He was saying that if a contestant had picked one of the two, they coulda in theory still lost had they managed to pick the other one when they replaced it. It wouldn't be a "What an Idiot" situation with only one of the two revealed, and giving that one back.

You'd be correct.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 11:34:08 AM »
If by chance there was such a gimme setup in Take Two – the contestant picking at least one of the two items priced over the Take Two target price and then somehow choosing to keep the more expensive item (despite pleas by either Bob/Drew and a loudly booing audience) – that would have earned the contestant a spot on TV Tropes' "What an Idiot" page for TPiR.

Didn't happen, though.

I saw a playing on Pluto TV where the prizes were season tickets to LA's four sports teams. The goal total was $1,0XX. One of the prizes the contestant chose on the first try was worth something like $985. For the second try, she took one of the unrevealed prizes... and kept the $985, followed by a collective "Noooo" from the audience, since there's no way they'd offer a ~$50 prize.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 10:41:17 AM »
That was very interesting. I'm assuming that this is a first for Take Two, am I right?
I'm not sure we will ever know the answer for this since Take Two rarely has all four prices revealed at the end of the game in the event of a win on the first try. Without seeing all four prices from all playings, I'm not sure there's a way to know this.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »
I'm not sure we will ever know the answer for this since Take Two rarely has all four prices revealed at the end of the game in the event of a win on the first try. Without seeing all four prices from all playings, I'm not sure there's a way to know this.
Understandable.