Author Topic: Question about this season  (Read 4663 times)

Offline JonCarmen

• Outside in Line
Re: Question about this season
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »
I've noticed Drew has stopped asking the contestants where they are from. The first week he was asking many contestants and nearly all were from the LA area. Then there was a contestant from a more northern city in California and he was very surprised to hear where he was from.

Is the show still exclusively selecting contestants from Southern California?

I would say yes, if anything, by default. Traveling has dried up since COVID save for the Holiday Season. Besides, does the show want to run the risk of someone out of the Southern California area infecting people?

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Question about this season
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 06:52:48 PM »
I would say yes, if anything, by default. Traveling has dried up since COVID save for the Holiday Season. Besides, does the show want to run the risk of someone out of the Southern California area infecting people?

I think southern California is still under the most severe level of lockdown, which includes a rule where, if you enter the state and go to a hotel, you are quarantined on the hotel's grounds for a certain number of days, so unless somebody drives in from, say, Nevada just to attend a TPIR taping and then returns to their state that night, or they are staying at someone else's house, it's pretty much going to be entirely Californians.