Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/19/2021  (Read 6346 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/19/2021
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 09:52:34 PM »
I can't believe 3 Strikes and Time I$ Møney were won on back-to-back shows.

I wonder why they bothered to restage Side by Side.  Is this the first time it's been played at the Turntable this season?

What was the deal with having Rachel take part in Spelling Bee?  All she did was stand by the small prizes, model the shaver, and then walk away while off-camera.  It felt like somebody forgot that they changed the format.

The opening was weird, too, what with the logo never appearing.  I'm surprised no one noticed that during post-production.

Yes. I do. I will leave it there.

You'll leave, all right.

(I feel like I've banned a lot of people lately.  I don't like that, but cripes has there been a lot of stupidity warranting it the past month or so.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline oscar10181988

• 1/19/2021
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 10:12:38 PM »
Another Alumnus! Congrats on making it to the show!

You played Spelling Bee well, just had rotten luck at the end! Glad to see you win the Showcases! Did you accept all of your prizes, including both trips?

Thanks!! I did accept all prizes. 😬

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 10:49:47 PM »
2) Please. Please. Please. Stop complaining about the show being in this condition. This is pointless whining for the sake of whining. Any further whining on this regard will be dealt with in a more aggressive manner.

I'm quoting this for further emphasis, and because it came up yet again in The Talk is Right:

COVID-19 is a serious global health crisis. It is not political. It is not "just another flu". It is not something to be downplayed. The show is the way it is because they have to adhere to strict guidelines, or risk being shut down and possibly sued. Be thankful you have new episodes at all!

Going forward, any posts complaining about the guidelines or otherwise trying to downplay the pandemic will result in automatic 60-day suspension. I'm really tired of having to argue this with people. You want the show to go back to normal? You want the world to go back to normal? Take what the medical experts say (i.e. not "journalists", not politicians) seriously and it'll be over sooner than you know it!

On a happier note, congrats on making the show Oscar! Enjoy your spinning gold star- you earned it!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:56:31 PM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 11:19:49 PM »
On a happier note, congrats on making the show Oscar! Enjoy your spinning gold star- you earned it!

No mention of the complimentary lifetime supply of nuclear decontamination fluid?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline LFAT since diapers

• 11/20/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 11:23:51 PM »
Thank you... yep that was me on the Spelling Bee!

Can you tell us what it was like behind the curtain? How long after you sent your application did you get a call? Again, congrats!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 11:29:25 PM »
^Seconded. I too am curious to hear your story... and to hear about just how different the processes and procedures behind the scenes are this season compared to past years.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2021, 11:42:47 PM »
It's my first post in a while so here goes...

Oscar, I was really pulling for you in Spelling Bee.   You did amazing in that game but you had rotten luck with your picks!   If it made you feel better, I would have also went for it too.   But hey you gave a great Showcase bid in the end, so you did sensational!

The wins in Any Number and Time Is Money were amazing.   Gotta love it when it comes down to the final number in Any Number.

Briteney did well with a fair Time Is Money setup and she nailed it.   I was worried about the candy because that one kinda tripped me up.   The relish too.   The other three were easy peasy.

Offline bigdodgeram

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 08:40:17 PM »
great job oscar.
sure hope oscar comes back and spills the beans.

by the way I am a train fan.

Offline oscar10181988

• 1/19/2021
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2021, 08:44:34 PM »
great job oscar.
sure hope oscar comes back and spills the beans.

by the way I am a train fan.

I will! Just had a busy day today. 😬

Offline Counterpoint

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2021, 09:55:50 AM »
^Seconded. I too am curious to hear your story... and to hear about just how different the processes and procedures behind the scenes are this season compared to past years.

This!  I'm also curious if everyone who is behind the curtain gets called up, or if there are still some people who don't.