Author Topic: LIVE SHOW #42: "Unlucky in Love Special", Friday, February 19th  (Read 3267 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
LIVE SHOW #42: "Unlucky in Love Special", Friday, February 19th
« on: January 23, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »
Thanks to the rousing success of our Live Show revival, we're doing it again! Join us live on Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9pm EST for another fun-filled excitement-packed couple of hours of fabulous fake prizes! Once again, I will be your host, Guint will be your announcer, Prizes will be your contestant coordinator, and Kev347 is our esteemed producer.

This time, we're making a significant change to the presentation of Live Shows going forward, one which should enhance the overall experience and speed up the proceedings a bit. While the Discord will still be the initial gathering place, where contestant auditions will be conducted and so forth, the show itself will be broadcast live worldwide at Twitch.TV! We have brought gameshowfan9001 on to the staff as our set designer, who is working on some awesome PowerPoints for us, to further emulate that real show experience, and thepriceis_J, who will serve as our music director, controlling the audio direction of the show, along with serving as our HealthWatch host.

More details on how the show will work logistically will come at a later date, but it is expected that we will be using the Discord voice chat as our primary means of gameplay. There will be live hosting and live announcing as well, for the true Price is Right experience. If you don't want your voice heard on air, we can find a proxy to speak for you.

The team has been working tirelessly over the past few weeks to find some awesome prizes and put together some fun games for you all, and we can't wait to bring it to you. We hope to see many of you there!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 09:36:51 PM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: LIVE SHOW #42: "Unlucky in Love Special", Friday, February 12th
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 09:21:53 AM »
Twitch AND Discord voice chat!?! This is going to have more audience interaction than the real show currently has  :-)

Somehow I missed the first live show revival, but not this time. I appreciate and thank you all for the work you've been putting in for this and I'm excited to see how it turns out the 12th!

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 09:23:04 PM »
I HIGHLY encourage as many members as possible to join in for this show. The last one was a blast! Looking forward to the new setups, too!
1,700 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 09:37:31 PM »
another fun-filled excitement-packed couple of hours of fabulous fake prizes!

Giving up on getting it under an hour GET!

But yes. Join. It was fun. Especially losing a $25,000 spa. But still join.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 09:46:15 PM »
Giving up on getting it under an hour GET!

Never say never... but gotta account for that Twitch latency, you know. In all fairness, we're shooting for 90 minutes... and if we can successfully get there, future Live Show nights may feature two episodes in one night.

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 12:42:47 AM »
Wow sounds like it's gonna be better than ever! I'm gonna do my best to attend, thanks to all that are putting this together for us!
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: LIVE SHOW #42: "Unlucky in Love Special", Friday, February 19th
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 09:36:30 PM »
An update, since we're less than a week away-

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we find that we're not as nearly prepared for the show as we'd like. In an effort to put on the best possible show for you guys, we will be postponing the show a week to February 19th. The good news is that we will indeed be able to broadcast to Twitch, so we will have live hosting and graphics, and delaying the show gives us an extra week to work out any technical hiccups and ensure a smooth and efficient presentation.

Look for more details and a link to come later. We hope many of you show up!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that Live Show #42 will take place tomorrow night, Friday February 19th, at approximately 9pm EST. Unfortunately we won't be able to use Twitch after all, so once again we'll be in the Discord like last time- simply click on the #livetime channel like before and you're there. If you would like to play, our contestant coordinators will be in Discord starting at 8pm or so, and will be watching... so be sure to get your game face on!

In an effort to speed things up, there will be strict time deadlines implemented this go around.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 12:03:08 AM »
-
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...