Author Topic: October 10, 1990 (#7743D, partial)  (Read 1188 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Taking a Bonus Spin
October 10, 1990 (#7743D, partial)
« on: January 29, 2021, 05:40:32 AM »
Features yet another playing of Gallery Game, this time for a car. Cuts off after SCSD #1.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: October 10, 1990 (#7743D, partial)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
Features yet another playing of Gallery Game, this time for a car. Cuts off after SCSD #1.

If the tape came this way, I wonder if this was a contestant (or contestant's family) who was videotaping this as they were watching and decided that the second half of the show was of no interest to them and stopped tape.

I'm sure there's videos out there that are similar of every other game show to wit, they tape only the part where they or their family member was on, and the rest of the show they didn't care about.

Anyhow ... .

Brian

Online pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:30:55 PM »
If the tape came this way, I wonder if this was a contestant (or contestant's family) who was videotaping this as they were watching and decided that the second half of the show was of no interest to them and stopped tape.

Considering that the actual uploader is Sue herself if you look at the description, I'd imagine that was the case. That or she just uploaded her half, one or the other.

Online goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 05:30:48 PM »
I never knew that the Gallery Game picture frame had lights in it that flashed for a win. That was neat to see.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 05:55:28 PM »

I'm sure there's videos out there that are similar of every other game show to wit, they tape only the part where they or their family member was on, and the rest of the show they didn't care about.

Anyhow ... .

Brian
It's also part of the reason why first-run game show recordings from this era are rarely found for the sole purpose of taping them and then keeping them without taping it over with something else, particularly a movie. Outside of maybe Jeopardy!, they were about as ephemeral as department store catalogs or the daily newspaper unlike say taping Michael Keaton's Batman, which was more akin to a hardcover novel. I've had almost as much luck in finding game shows in those graveyard slots (Strike It Rich '86, Matchmaker, and even a Kennedy TPIR) than I have had with daytime shows. It can be frustrating on some shows like daytime Wheel where the master tapes are destroyed and only the clips of the contestant's interview, spinning the wheel, and calling letters are found. Still, its neat to see Super Saver again, I was thinking about it the other day regarding when Pluto gets to those shows.

This was obviously taped just before the summer taping break with Bob's comment before the third IUFB along with the Giant Price Tag design used since mid-Season 13 still being used.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Online pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 06:18:49 PM »
I never knew that the Gallery Game picture frame had lights in it that flashed for a win. That was neat to see.

I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it. That was indeed cool, subtle, but cool. Nice catch.  :-)

Online pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 06:25:37 PM »
It's also part of the reason why first-run game show recordings from this era are rarely found for the sole purpose of taping them and then keeping them without taping it over with something else, particularly a movie. Outside of maybe Jeopardy!, they were about as ephemeral as department store catalogs or the daily newspaper unlike say taping Michael Keaton's Batman, which was more akin to a hardcover novel. I've had almost as much luck in finding game shows in those graveyard slots (Strike It Rich '86, Matchmaker, and even a Kennedy TPIR) than I have had with daytime shows. It can be frustrating on some shows like daytime Wheel where the master tapes are destroyed and only the clips of the contestant's interview, spinning the wheel, and calling letters are found. Still, its neat to see Super Saver again, I was thinking about it the other day regarding when Pluto gets to those shows.

This was obviously taped just before the summer taping break with Bob's comment before the third IUFB along with the Giant Price Tag design used since mid-Season 13 still being used.

You mean the 1st IUFB. And speaking about Super Saver..maybe I am alone in this, but was anyone else hoping to see 3 retired games in this video? I thought we might possibly get them for a minute when that popped up. Also...just caught going back through the video a neat Guiding Light promo referencing the 1990 baseball playoffs (first year CBS had them/MLB incidentally) and its' return after them. That was cool to see. It's just before Act 3.

Offline mellongraig

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 09:29:36 AM »
By the way the tryout model for this episode (and some episodes surrounding it) is Senait Ashenafi, probably a name many people aren't familiar with.