Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune coming to Netflix Feb. 15  (Read 3168 times)

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Wheel of Fortune coming to Netflix Feb. 15
« on: February 03, 2021, 05:36:13 PM »

8-O xlx
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune coming to Netflix Feb. 15
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 06:59:32 PM »
I'm assuming just recent episodes, but maybe there will be a very nice surprise and there will be some classics?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 07:39:28 PM »
I'm assuming just recent episodes, but maybe there will be a very nice surprise and there will be some classics?

Considering what Jeopardy did/has done with Netflix? I imagine more recent mostly, with MAYBE some classics tossed in.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:53:01 PM »
I've seen that two of the weeks that will be on are Great American Cities San Diego and Chicago which aired in 2017 and were both rerun over this past summer.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »
Bring in the episode with AN AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY as a puzzle! They had a clip of that $44,300 solve before, so the full episode would be great to lead up to it.

Any classic episode with a big win could be good.

I don't know if they'll have every premiere, and I figure they'd more likely have episodes with significant changes to the game (such as the Big Month of Cash or giving RSTLNE for free). Other than that, it probably would be Season 24 and later.

But I guess I can keep dreaming...
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 05:00:44 PM »
Bring in the episode with AN AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY as a puzzle! They had a clip of that $44,300 solve before, so the full episode would be great to lead up to it.

Any classic episode with a big win could be good.

I don't know if they'll have every premiere, and I figure they'd more likely have episodes with significant changes to the game (such as the Big Month of Cash or giving RSTLNE for free). Other than that, it probably would be Season 24 and later.

But I guess I can keep dreaming...

The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat would be a good one too as to memorable losses.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 08:32:40 PM »
I always thought it was odd that Netflix had Jeopardy! but not Wheel of Fortune. So glad that's changing, even if we only get recent episodes.  :biggrin:

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 09:51:16 AM »
It dropped early this morning. 25 episodes total, ranging from Seasons 34-37. Random episodes, no full weeks.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 11:54:24 AM »
Not surprised there's nothing even close to classic Wheel era, but the lack of any full weeks is odd.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 12:29:14 PM »
One of the South Florida episodes from Season 37 is missing the Prize Puzzle. It skips from Round 2 to the Triple Tossup.