Author Topic: Roger Dobkowitz On WBZ NewsRadio 1030 Tonight  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Roger Dobkowitz On WBZ NewsRadio 1030 Tonight
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 08:19:31 PM »
Who’s to say Goodson didn’t try just that?

“We’re prepared to take you to court over a flop that’s been eleven years off the air” doesn’t exactly scream good faith on Barry-Enright’s part.

The charitable interpretation is they were flirting a Blank Check revival in the late 80’s and wanted to secure the trademark, but otherwise it’s a dumb petty thing to raise a stink about.

Costs a lot less to just do it than fight a legal battle.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $286,480

Online SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 10:38:43 PM »
Costs a lot less to just do it than fight a legal battle.

ITA.  It's not like Bob didn't refer to Blank Check as the Blank Check Game more often than not!  I guess you could see it as the show simply just shortening the name by getting rid of the "Blank" in the name of that pricing game, but that's just me.

All joking aside (or no joke), I would've been stunned if Mark Goodson took legal action over a gameshow that didn't even last a quarter of a decade.  I did admire Bullseye, especially the celebrity era of it, but similar to LeBron James as it relates to The Wall, I think Jack Barry & Dan Enright were more than smart enough when it comes to doing the right thing prior to their introduction of a game that somewhat emulated Tic Tac Dough & The Joker's Wild.  Moreover, Goodson saw no threat (I don't believe) given the similar nature with TTD & TJW.

I'll be honest, I have made a comment in the past as it relates to the Wall being a glorified or richer version of Plinko.  I think I made a comment on how the former was created by a guy that wasn't even born when the latter made its debut.  What's different was that I didn't think once about legal action playing out, and I thought it was a great concept of a new $1,000,000+ gameshow.

As for any lawsuit to have actually come out of this: I think it might have cost more to go through the process than the total award given to the "victims" at the end of the entire process
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Sizeman

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 06:56:02 PM »
I do wish WBZ-AM would make that show as part of the podcast archives after the fact (they do it for many other shows), but I don't know why the Morgan White radio show isn't archived yet podcast wise for those who may have missed it.

While I didn't listen to this latest show, I do have two previous Morgan White WBZ broadcasts in which Roger was a guest: 2019-03-09 & 2009-11-24.
If there's interest, I can make them available.

Offline mellongraig

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 10:16:48 PM »
While I didn't listen to this latest show, I do have two previous Morgan White WBZ broadcasts in which Roger was a guest: 2019-03-09 & 2009-11-24.
If there's interest, I can make them available.

Yeah, I'd be interested in those, I believe I called in on the 2019-03-09 show at the time to ask Roger a question.