Author Topic: It begins today!  (Read 29280 times)

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
It begins today!
« on: May 08, 2006, 02:32:51 AM »
Just a quick message PiR debuts here again today here it the UK at mid-day and 5pm.

Joe the host will be on This Morning from 10:30am promoing it.

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
Re: It begins today!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:04:49 AM »
What can I say, fantastic!

Joe really is following the example set by his predessors, by not stealing the limelight from the contestants.  He's also excellent at his job.

Leslie would be proud and it was also nice to see Bruce wish him well on This Morning.

WELCOME BACK ! ! !

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:10:55 AM »
The whole interview on This Morning was marvelous, I can see Joe doing this for years honestly years, and he has the right attitude.

The set is great, if a tad small, Im loving contenstants row for sure.

Very classy set, and the wobbly wheel been fixed!

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »
Official website:

www.itv.com/price

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
How do you download stuff from that site? Just curious.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 10:01:29 PM »
Hmm...the first game says it's One Right Price, but it looks like Pick-A-Number ($1,075/$1,475/$1,875).  Did they change the name on that one?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »
wow looks like such a good verson i hope this beats out deal or no deal. I wish usa tpir can get a big big facelift

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 10:47:23 PM »
If you have broadband and are a member of UKNova, the premiere is available as an MPEG.  I have under an hour left in my download.  Hopefully I can snag a video clip or two before the night is done.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 11:57:54 PM »
I've seen the premiere.  Outside of the first 90 seconds (the open), it was a waste of time.  I will give my opinions without spoiling the show.

First, the host.  He might be funny but his voice is more suited for cartoons than game shows.

The second game was downright insulting.  If CBS aired anything like that, their switchboard would light up in seconds.  I didn't take direct offense to it.  I know that wouldn't fly over here.

The third game...could they choose crappier expensive prizes, and they get to keep one?  Wow.

The Showcase Showdown was tolerable, even though their arrow was shaking and wobbling like crazy the entire time.

The Showcase round itself was seizure-inducing.  Again, it wouldn't fly over here because a parent or a watchdog group would call CBS on it.

I have no plans to download more of this in the future.  This is a truly pathetic and disappointing abomination of the show we mutually enjoy.

Offline el_whammy

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 12:21:11 AM »
Gotta agree with Mike... when the best part of the show is the Showcase Freaking Showdown, something's up.

Mike covered all of the big points, but one more thing to add; in that second game, should any of you muster the courage to view it(and also happen to be a member of UKNova), you'll find that game as well has been cheapened significantly.

Mike might be putting up the ep. for your viewing "pleasure", so you all may get to see for yourselves. But don't say we didn't warn you.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 12:26:42 AM »
someone please post a ep i want to see. uknova torrent thing is too hard to work with

from the photos i saw I think the plinko board is ugly it reminds me of halloween.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 01:15:04 AM »
I've seen some of the clips of the set and the prizes...It seems like a cross between Crowther and Warman, with Forsyth's modern style.
Bear in mind that OUR TPIR probably has the largest budget of all versions and that effects the prizes given away.
Of course though, I am eager to try watching it before final judgement. :-)

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 01:22:45 AM »
An 81 MB WMV of the premiere episode is available at my site, http://www.classicgameshows.com/video/index.html

As I said on my site, please remember that I'm just the messenger.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 03:19:58 AM »
EDIT: Ok, in retrospect, it's not really as bad as I thought.

THE OK
The theme and set are nice. It fits the moderness that they are trying to convey, and it does kinda work.

Joe (ignoring his annoying voice) is not a bad host. He's new...he could get better with time.

The prizes are definatly cheaper than Bruce's, but with roughly HALF the budget, that's expected.

Peter Dickson, sounding great as usual.

The not-so OK
The asian-themed Plinko. WHY? I don't get it?

The "joke" prizes for Swap...I'm not sure this was meant to be a parody, but it came off as a giant joke that no one was really in on.

The showcase main prize. Huh?

It seems to me  that the right elements are there, but it's definatley missing the hominess of Crowther's version and the glamour of Bruce's version.

I'll try it again to see if it changes any...:-)