Author Topic: It begins today!  (Read 29185 times)

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: It begins today!
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 11:15:11 AM »
Let's see what I think of this version:

Joe Pasquale-- He actually did a lot better than I originally thought, even if he has a squeaky voice (which I've heard is his trademark). But he's not as good as Leslie or Bruce, though.  ;-)

Peter Dickson-- Great as always.

Set-- That's a very futuristic set. Plinko's is interesting...

Music-- Sigh. I mean, they're great pieces, but I was hoping they'd bring either Leslie's main theme and CoD or the TNPiR '94 theme and CoD music (as used on Bruce's show). Those two pieces are very well-done.

Format-- Same as Bruce's, so no complaints here (if only Doug Davidson's show used this format [or the format we Americans have loved over the past three decades], it could've been a winner).

Overall-- A-. A very superb version!  :-)

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »
Although unlike Leslie & Bruce, TPiR is Joe's first venture into gameshow territory.  Leslie & Bruce had both done gameshows before they did TPiR so it's only natural they would be more relaxed with TPiR.  I think Joe is becoming more and more relaxed every week now he's settled in.

Offline Billy

• In the Audience
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »
On a show a few days back, Joe told the audience to stop giggling whenever there was an IUFB, which is fair, really - if the show's played as a joke, then there's no point in watching.

Oh yeah, and we've recently seen what happens if you get 100 on the wheel. It follows the same format as the Warman version, where if you spin 100 in your bonus spin you get a car. A model replaces the 100 space with that of a car on the front. It's happened twice this week, both almost getting 100 again but just missing it.

Plinko should go back to its old BPiR amounts, I think. No one's going to keep a few hundred pounds when there's a chance of playing for a vehicle, and in this day and age, giving £2,000 away in daytime is easy as 1-2-3.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2006, 10:56:30 AM »
But thats the whole point they wouldnt be able to get Raynard out otherwise as often.

Sad thing is it seems we have run out of new games to be played

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »
stupid question

have joe ever met bruce?

and have bruce met leslie?

and has bob warman met bruce or joe or leslie?

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »
Just to go a little off topic here:

MikeK, thanks a lot for putting full episodes of the Scrabble finale up. I really enjoyed it.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 11:47:49 PM »
Sonic3300 wrote:

Just to go a little off topic here:

MikeK, thanks a lot for putting full episodes of the Scrabble finale up. I really enjoyed it.

Er...how is that "a little" off-topic?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2006, 09:24:01 AM »
Leslie Crowther did TPiR at Central TV when Bob Warman was doing Central News so I'm pretty sure they will have run into each other at some point.

Leslie once guested on a show in the 60s called Sunday Night at the London Palladium which was hosted by Bruce.

And Joe met Leslie in 1993 when they both appeared at the Royal Variety Performance (This was almost a year after Leslie's accident in 1992).