Author Topic: It begins today!  (Read 29183 times)

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: It begins today!
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »
I agree I belive this show will last alot longer than people are expecting from watching today my mind is set.

Best episode all round today.

Heres the screenshots http://rapidshare.de/files/20199400/New_Caps.zip.html

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
I agree with you patchy this show is going to last for a longtime. plus i like how the props have a themes to it

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 05:56:17 PM »
I just watched the first episode over at Kluss' site.  Let me say this with all due respect to your site, Mike:  Don't EVER put me through that again;-)!  

First of all, this guy Joe sounds like Benny Hill doing Truman Capote.  I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to endure him for the full episode.  I don't complain/make fun of the way people talk as a rule, but I can't ignore this!

Ummm, why do they call it One Right Price, when it clearly didn't PLAY like ORP?  YECCCH!

Then came Plinko.  Could they have been MORE culturally insensitive?  What the **** are they THINKING?  Offensive does not begin to describe this interpretation.

Switch?/Swap?  was tolerable...barely.  I stopped watching after that because I just couldn't stand anymore

I know some of you guys like this.  I'm glad, really I am.  I always look forward to ANY opportunity to see a foreign version of PRICE.  But this version tanks big time in my book.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 06:06:41 PM »
Right then if you feel like that be glad Ive decided not to post any other episodes online because of peoples opinons, who dont get why its done like this!

That is all

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 06:35:43 PM »
Patchy, SOME of us do appreciate it. It's definately a different interpretation of TPIR...and different doesnt nessecarily mean bad, contrary to popular opinion with some of our members.

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 07:52:43 PM »
I hope you're not mad, Patchy.  Believe me when I said I'm grateful for foreign versions viewable online.  But this version....it just didn't WORK for me.  I honestly couldn't believe that I would have such a negative reaction.  Maybe you could help us understand better? :-)
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 08:03:51 PM »
You have to keep in mind that the people with negative opinions are also going to be way more outspoken about it than those with positive opinions.  That's just the nature of message boards.

...with that said, I'm still not sure if I like this version much.  Hard to tell, since as an American, I'm certainly not the intended audience, so I guess it really doesn't matter.  From the episode I saw floating around the 'Net, I'd say it's not something I'd actively not watch...just that it's not worth the extra effort to track down and watch on a daily basis.  A solid 3 stars out of 5 from me.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 09:48:26 PM »
You know, I said I think this show is getting a lot of undeserved flack...but I also don't get why certain people are so critical of the folks who don't like it.  This is very different from any version of the show we've seen before, including Bruce's Price Is Right, and I can certainly understand how it would rub some people the wrong way.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 08:30:17 AM »
As Joe was saying on This Morning the UK version has gone through many format changes, but at the end of the day it's been the same great programme for 22 years.  The prizes may be moderate but the show is still great and the contestants always seem very pleased to win.

Many years ago people thought Joe's voice was put on, but it's very much his own.  I don't have a problem with it, he can't help how his voice sounds.

Offline golden-road

• In the Audience
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 04:27:47 PM »
After seeing the pics Patchy put up, I had a couple of questions.

1. In Danger Price & Take Two, I'm assuming that only some of the prizes can be won?

2. In Walk The Line, are the rules simply to guess whether each product is higher or lower than the one before it?

Thanks for the responses!

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »
1) Danger Price yep the item that was the danger price isnt given away.
2) Yep if you get all the way to the end of the line you win.

I cant remeber about Take Two sorry ill get back to you when its replayed.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 07:11:19 PM »
Are 1 Right Price and Pick a Number basically the exact same game there?

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 07:16:15 AM »
Not at all pick an number is pick a number.

One right price is 3 prices and 2 a wrong you have to pick the correct full price.

Similar type of game yes.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »
Actually, if "1 Right Price's" prices keep using patterns like the one they used on the first episode...then yes, it's nothing more than Pick-a-Number.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »
You know, the weirdest thought struck me today:  "1 Right Price" is actually Balance Game '06.

I know that sounds weird...but think about it.  There's three price choices in increments of hundreds (instead of thousands), and they don't necessarily all have the same number of digits, so it isn't Pick-a-Number.  If you take away Balance Game's set and strip off all the gameplay elements that make it more confusing than it needs to be, this is what you're left with.