Author Topic: Range Game paint predictor  (Read 1853 times)

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
Range Game paint predictor
« on: March 07, 2021, 08:24:25 PM »
Is there any known Range Game statistic that would speak to how often, if ever, the actual retail price revealed in the dark green strip is an amount that appeared above or below (not within the confines of) the red & green diagonal paint on the left side of the prop?
In other words, is it a more likely (nearly guaranteed) win if you just let the Range Finder fully drift into the painted area?
John, Rod, Rich... What is the next name on your list?

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Range Game paint predictor
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 03:11:38 AM »
TPIRstats seems to record in $50 increments, so although no, eyeballing it looks like the bottom of the stripe is at around the $280 mark from the bottom, so stopping in the stripe would be $280-$430. In the past six seasons, the price was behind a value above $400 four times, while it isn’t that uncommon to be in the $250-$300 range or slightly below. The win rate is about 70%, so if you arbitrarily stopped there, you probably lose more often than the contestants?

I’m not willing to run the numbers again when the game is basically “Stop in the middle”, but LiteBulb88’s guide might have the optimal range.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Range Game paint predictor
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 12:16:00 PM »
I traditionally broke it down by letter in the game's name. The paint falls between the N and E in RANGE on the left side, which is higher than where most contestants stop. However, on the right side of the board, it's partially covered by the ANG in the game's name, along with the bottom half of the R. The midpoint ($300 above the bottom) falls just below the bottom of the E, which also right around the top of the red button used to stop the rangefinder. If the diagonal lines continued across the green strip where the ARP is revealed, the base of the bottom stripe would fall around the $340 mark at the middle of the stripe, and around $540 at the top. The stripes are actually about $200 wide. But this means that usually, the ARP will be below the stripe.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/