Author Topic: July 4,1973 episode #0443D  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Lance11

• Outside in Line
July 4,1973 episode #0443D
« on: March 12, 2021, 03:53:32 PM »
Anyone know any information on how to get this episode/season whatever may have it? I can only find July 5,1973 #0444D the next day . My mother in law won a washer and dryer and lawnmower her name is Kris. She has been looking for this episode for years can’t find it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
Re: July 4,1973 episode #0443D
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 07:42:59 PM »
Here is a recap of the episode taken from official records.

These records however, are known to contain mistakes, and it appears such is the case here. If your mother-in-law won a washer & dryer and a lawn mower, then she must have played the third game, Clock Game. In these records, it states that Gary played Clock Game and Kris never got out of contestants' row; but now we know this is false.

Did Kris also win a trash compactor too? Because that was the first prize in Clock Game and it had to have been won if she also got the washer & dryer. She also appears to have made it to the Showcase round as the top winner but did not win her showcase, which included a Volkswagen.

Since this episode did not offer a fur coat, it's possible it was rerun on GSN in the 90s, so it's possible there's a tape out there.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!