Author Topic: April 1, 1986 (#6062D)  (Read 2051 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
April 1, 1986 (#6062D)
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:30:34 PM »
Wow, a Season 14 daytime episode GSN touched on (albeit they didn't show many episodes even though they showed the Kennedy version that was taped around the same time period).

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: April 1, 1986 (#6062D)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 09:27:11 AM »
Oh well, there goes my Plinko/Punch-a-Bunch/Money Game Whammy crossover idea. I feel that Rod's full energy associated with his job wasn't quite fully realized until Season 15, where the Come on Downs and the sign-off would sound even more extravagant compared to his first several months. It seemed like that the end of PYL seemed to give him more free time and made him more easy going. Speaking of which, this episode was taped around the time when the final episodes of the Kennedy version were taped.

This episode confirms that the current crashing sound in Cliff Hangers and the current MRRP pitches have been introduced. Also, the regular buzzer's E-flat pitch has been introduced by this point (and is only present on the final couple weeks of the Kennedy run). This is believed to be the first ever digitally sampled pitch to be used on the show, and several minor variants would be used for the next five years until the present tone was introduced.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 09:32:11 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/