Author Topic: Major expansion planned for Television City  (Read 3220 times)

Offline CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
Major expansion planned for Television City
« on: March 26, 2021, 05:57:18 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-03-26/landmark-television-city-studio-more-sound-stages

New owner Hackman Capital Partners is planning on spending over $1 billion to create at least 7 more stages, since there is an increasing demand for studios in the streaming-video era.

Offline SuperMatch93

Re: Major expansion planned for Television City
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:26:40 PM »
And, according to that article, studios 36 and 46 are to be razed.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:46:27 AM »
It looks like based on the rendering, the waiting line looks like its going to be under a proposed parking garage, where I believe that a lot of the show's cars will now be parked instead of a surface lot. Hopefully the iconic CBS logo will be incorporated somewhere, and perhaps the expansion could provide for a few new pricing games down the road.

At least 36 and 46 are not one of the first four, although it will be awhile before we see trip skins for a flight in space like the one photo shows at the entrance to 33.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 12:31:18 PM »
I wonder how would the normal Studio 33 audience look with these renovations, and when is it gonna come back?

I don't watch The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, but that one is bring back its studio audience.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »
The Tonight Show has definitely brought back people, albeit in a limited capacity.  I imagine TPIR will do the same pretty soon.  However, I'm not sure how far along California is doing as it relates to the pandemic.  It wasn't too good recently, but New York was in the same boat.

Anyway, I'm not sure in terms of the show, but I think they'll definitely have folks in the studio audience soon.  If all goes well, they'll be able to tape the 50th season premiere with an audience.  Not sure the percentage as it relates to the capacity, but while it might not be likely they'll get a full capacity, they'll be alright.  I don't think they need to tape the premiere next month; they could wait until August or whenever.  I don't think Television City's renovations and expansions will affect production within the upcoming year
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 05:33:20 PM »
I wonder how would the normal Studio 33 audience look with these renovations, and when is it gonna come back?

I don't watch The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, but that one is bring back its studio audience.
Right now nobody knows when audiences will return to Price. I would guess not for the rest of this season, but possibly for the start of next season. I imagine when they do it will still be limited, depending on the state and local guidelines at the time. The audience for The Tonight Show is right now only healthcare workers and first responders that are vaccinated, and at least on Monday's show only 58 people.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »
It would have been nice for yours truly to include the "vaccinated audience" in my previous message!

Anyway, here's an article that might give you or anyone an idea of what might happen in the future as it relates to attendance.  15% capacity may not seem ideal, as that would include the staff.

I guess I forgot how a previous plan to turn TV City into a shopping & office development complex was a reality.  In turning it into that I don't mean they were planning on ditching entertainment, but just adding other stuff including housing, hotels, and the other mentioned stuff.

I really hope that the show isn't waiting for this project to be complete before adding newer pricing games.  Otherwise, we wouldn't be anything until the middle of the decade, which would be nearly a decade removed from the most recent release
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 02:07:46 PM »
This article is not Price related, but it's related to Television City and Fremantle. With American Idol being one of the first shows to bring in 50 people safely for upcoming shows.

It also mentions that show worked closely with the L.A. County Department of Public Health to find a safe way for the fans to join them. And with them requiring audiences to wear face masks, get tested, and be seated in pods with their immediate households.

And as for Price, I also do not see audiences not returning this season. And also hope to see something like this with allowing at least half of the usual audience pending on California and Los Angeles guidelines are when Season 50 begins filming.