Author Topic: JUNE 4TH, 5TH, AND 6TH  (Read 4368 times)

Offline moviemann99

• Outside in Line
JUNE 4TH, 5TH, AND 6TH
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:09:41 PM »
I need tickets for any of these dates. I am desperate. does anyone have any extra tickets on any of these dates: June 4th, 5th, and 6th. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone have these tickets or can tell me how to obtain them.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
Re: JUNE 4TH, 5TH, AND 6TH
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:08:14 PM »
Did you send a ticket request in for these dates and get a letter saying they were all out?

My friends and I sent several requests for tickets for June 4th-6th and haven't heard anything back.  CBS says they are beginning to send them out.

I'm a little worried because I sent the request before I knew the stamp price was going up so I hope I still get tickets w/ the old stamps!

If anyone received tickets for June 4th, 5th, or 6th, when did you mail in your request?

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:53:36 AM »
I mailed in my request in late April and still have not received tickets for those dates. I phoned the ticket line today and they also told me that they're just beginning to send tickets out for those dates. I also asked if they know when they're going to release the e-tickets for those dates and they just said "whenever they get a chance".

By the way 1985_tpir_fan I don't think you really need to worry so much because I didn't even include a return envelope with my ticket request because I live in Canada and as far as I know there's no easy way of buying stamps here that are in American currency. I asked the ticket office about it on the phone today and they confidently replied that they should still be able to send me the tickets in one of their own envelopes and pay the postage themselves. With that said, they'd probably have their own solution as well if they noticed there was insufficient postage on your return envelope.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »
Geoff, that is what I figure as well: That CBS has a plan in place (a deal with the post office, a ton of 2 cent stamps, SOMETHING) to deal with the postage change on all these SASE's, especially since a lot of people requested tickets for May and June MONTHS before the postage increase.

I can also confirm, after calling CBS yesterday, that the June tickets are going out in the mail this week.

So everyone who has put in requests should hear something (good news, or the dreaded letter) soon.

I've said this on the Talk Is Right thread, and I'll say it here, too: If anyone has requested June tickets, and hears something, PLEASE let us all know. I'll do the same once I hear anything about our own ticket requests as well.

Thanks.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »
Okay I now have a stand-by e-ticket for June 6 which it looks like I claimed in the nick of time. I was on the ticketing site today and at first they still didn't have anything listed for June 4, 5, and 6. Then half an hour later I came back to the computer and refreshed the page and noticed June 4, 5 were now listed and were already red. June 6 was the only date that was still green so I quickly grabbed it. Then about 5 minutes after that, June 6 went into red. I'm not even sure what good the ticket is really going to do for me considering that it's a stand-by ticket and I have no clue as to how many non stand-by tickets were issued. I'm wondering if any of the e-tickets for June were even non-stand-by.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »
I concur with Geoff's post.  Same thing happened here.  

Although I had been at the Refresh button for about a straight 120 mins when I went to check the mailbox, took a walk to the back of the apt property to see if I could see a mail truck and then came back and all the stars were up and Red.

(Insert numerous $#!@$!)

Hit refresh twice and then . . . .

I clicked on the Green, feverishly typed the info in, confirmed it and got the confirm e-mail...

WOO HOO!! TIX FOR THE 6TH!!!

Then I read the dreaded words...

STAND BY Eye-Ticketing...

rat farts!

Anyway, keep pinging it.  Stand-by is better than byebye

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 06:31:27 PM »
Hmm yeah that's a big shame. I took a half hour break and watched Judge Judy, shame on me! So does anyone have any idea as to just how slim the chances are of getting in with a stand-by ticket? On the bright side though, I did mail in a ticket request for June 4, 5, and 6 last April and so maybe I'll get better tickets that way.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »
Okay I just got off the phone with the ticket office and they said that the number of non-stand-by tickets that were issued was very small. They also said it's not likely that every single person who got a non-stand-by ticket is even going to show up since they got their tickets earlier on. So it sounds like those of us who have stand-by tickets are pretty much in the same boat as the majority of people that are trying to attend the show.