Author Topic: "Stand By Ticket"  (Read 7504 times)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
"Stand By Ticket"
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:19:10 PM »
A word of advice, especially to those who may be looking to pay for tickets...

A ticket that is clearly marked as a "Stand By Ticket" is just that.  What this means is that those individuals who do not have this distinction on their tickets will be admitted into the studio before those that do...regardless of arrival time.

My understanding suggests that regular non-stand-by tickets were distributed in VERY limited capacity for these last few shows, and a very low no-show factor is expected through June 6th.  So...if you plan on shelling out $500 for a pair of stand-by tickets and plan on arriving 37 hours before showtime, just remember that there will be individuals who will be getting into the studio before you...if you get in at all.

I do not want to see any of you folks spend money for nothing in return.

Marc

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
Re: "Stand By Ticket"
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 01:04:53 AM »
Hmm so when you say that regular non-standby tickets were distributed in "VERY limited capacity", do you have any idea as to how that limited capacity compares to the number of seats the studio holds? I mailed my ticket request out a while back so I'm wondering if by chance I happen to receive a non-standby ticket when the majority of people in line will have standby tickets, then does that mean I'd still have a good chance of getting in if I showed up as late as 10 PM the night before June 6? I do realize that a non-standby ticket would obviously not guarantee me a seat, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of priority such a ticket would give me.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:13:18 PM »
Unconfirmed:  Only 300 – 500 regular tickets will be issued per show.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:21:22 PM »
I better do some praying to the Saint of Desperate TPIR fans, then.

Thanks for the info, Marc. I saw a few posters mention "stand-by tickets" and had no idea what they were talking about. Now I know.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:29:43 PM »
Hi Marc,

I'm still struggling with my decision on whether or not one of these "stand by" tickets will be useless for the June 4th tapings since it's down to the last 3 days. I saw another post on this forum, which of course i can't find now, that suggested only 300 non-standby tickets were issued for the june shows?? if there are 325 seats, would they really do that?  if someone can confirm this claim, it would certainly give much hope to those of us with stand by tickets!!! As I know I've whined before (and have been blasted for on another forum!) I am traveling from NC, taking off work and leaving my two kids for this experience, so for me this is a really big deal. And if my stand by ticket leaves me a slim to none chance of getting in the audience I'd really appreciate someone who is "in the know" to tell me what they think...if YOU lived in NC and were in my shoes, would you fly out with just a stand by ticket for the 4th? :-)  A tough question, I know, but I am polling for opinions to help me decide because I"m so torn...reading info one minute that says "you don't have a chance with a stand by ticket" and another that says perhaps there is a chance!  Oy!  What to do! :-)  If I don't come out there, of course I will offer my 2 stand by tickets to someone out there.  

thanks in advance for your opinions!!!

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:29:15 PM »
Marc, I have a question

If I want to go tomorrow to CBS Television to their little ticket box office outside Fairfax. Are they out already and I will be issue a Stand by Ticket? I need some info.

Thanks!
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:33 PM »
Alex, when I was at TVC last week, they had a sign taped up in the window of that ticket booth, saying "NO PRICE IS RIGHT TICKETS AVAILABLE". Which I'm thinking may mean that there are no tickets of any kind available at the booth for the rest of the season.

I would suggest calling them and asking.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:26:21 PM »
jude,

Tough spot to be in, and I'd be uncomfortable in making a recommendation one way or the other.

What I will do is make a very obvious suggestion:  If you go to the show with a stand-by ticket, make sure that you are one of the first few in line.  Even if only 300 tickets are distributed...people's plans are going to change, and there will probably be some no-show.  Take advantage of it, and best of luck to you.

Marc

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 11:11:04 AM »
Hi Marc,

I understand completely that you don't want to be put in a tough spot making a recommendation one way or the other.  But your comment implies that you think there's actually hope with a standby ticket, when I'm thinking I've got no chance...especially since it is the june 4th date and those last three days will likely be wild and wooly.  

So I'm wondering if anyone out there knows truly how many "real" tickets versus "stand by" tickets were issued for these last 4 tapings (2 on mon, then tue and wed)?  

I've read many accounts where a few stand by's were getting in to tapings the first of this week, and if I base my decision on that then I'm all for getting on a plane.  Of course noone here is psychic (and if you are, even better! :-), but y'all all seem so experienced and knowledgeable that I'm hoping you can share your opinions that will help me make my decision. I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but this is turning into such a huge decision when before I thought it was a no-brainer to be coming out there. yikes!
thanks again,jude

Offline megvela

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »
Here is my thought on standby tickets.  When I went to LA last February, my regular ticket was useless since I was not even able to get an Order of Arrival Pass.

If I am going to watch a show with a standy by ticket, what I would do is to line up as early as I could, even two days before the taping.  

I went back last April to watch the MDS, and knowing that it is a special episode, we were ready to be in line as early as Friday for the Monday taping.  As soon as someone starts the line, we would line up as well.

So assuming that there are 400 people in line for one taping, of which 325 have regular tickets and 75 have standby tickets, assuming 325 Order of Arrival Pass will be issued, that would mean, 75 people will not get an OoAP.  If I get an OoAP number between 1-25, I have a better chance of getting a priority number even if I just have a standby ticket because definitely, the people who got OoAP either has a regular or a standby ticket.  Definitely, the first 325 people in line are not all regular ticket holders.  The regular ticket would also tell you that it does not guarantee admission as well.

Good luck and be very early!!!

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
Thanks for your input Gemma!  YOu clearly have experience to back this up!  But I'm confused (still? more?) because given your example, with 400 people in line for 325 seats in the audience, I was assuming that if 325 people with "regular" tickets were in that line, they would get priority regardless of how many people with standby tickets were standing there too...so if for example the first 100 people in line have regular tix, then i'm standing there in line as #101 with a "stand by" ticket, doesn't that mean I don't get squat until they go through the line past me and exhaust the priority numbers for the "regular" ticket holders?? I guess I don't see what it buys me to get in line early if I've only got a stand by ticket because there's bound to be 325 regular ticket holders also in line who will bump me. Am I missing something about this process?  I think I must be because I still don't understand why a stand by ticket for one of those last 4 tapings is likely to get me in the audience.  I figure a LOT of people with regular tix would have to not show up.  but then we don't know how many regular tickets were issued.   my saga continues. :-) many thanks again!

Offline megvela

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 08:46:42 PM »
Hi Jude.  At around 6am the day of the taping, they will give out OoAP and will ask everybody to come back for priority numbers.  It's true that even if you have OoAP number 1, those with regular tickets will be given priority numbers first.  Another assuumption, of the 325 with OoAP, only 300 are regular ticket holders, then your standby ticket with OoAP #1 will give you Priority Number 301.  You still get to watch the show.  Good luck again!

If I need to be corrected, just let me know.  Thanks.

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 09:09:23 PM »
Thanks again Gemma!  I think I"m getting closer to "getting it".  Are you saying that they hand out order of arrival numbers to people sequentially in line, regardless of the type of ticket they are holding? then they honor those numbers in order and turn them into priority numbers?  so do i get order of arrival number "stand by 1" or is it not segregated until it comes time at 6am to issue the priority numbers?  then i have to get in line behind the "regular" order of arrival numbers?  this seems so complicated but surely cannot be. :-)

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »
Thanks again Gemma! I think I"m getting closer to "getting it". Are you saying that they hand out order of arrival numbers to people sequentially in line, regardless of the type of ticket they are holding? then they honor those numbers in order and turn them into priority numbers? so do i get order of arrival number "stand by 1" or is it not segregated until it comes time at 6am to issue the priority numbers? then i have to get in line behind the "regular" order of arrival numbers? this seems so complicated but surely cannot be.

Yes, the order of arrival passes are handed out in order to people sequentially in line regardless of the ticket - the pages will ask you to put your ticket away so you don't lsoe it.  When you return to get priority numbers, you exchange your order of arrival pass for it.  If you have a regular ticket they'll give a priority number for those people first (i think at 8 AM), and if you have a standby ticket they'll give out priority numbers at 9 am (or when it says on the ticket).  I guess this means that you'll get in line behind the last person who got a priority number with a regular ticket, since they number regular tickets at 8, and they number stand by tickets at 9.

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »
Thanks everyone. This may all be moot because my girlfriend, who suggested we do this in the first place(!!!) is bailing out on me because we only have standby tickets.  So I'm either on my own or staying home at this point! hard to believe she's  wimping out.  rats...