Author Topic: Game Show History To Be Preserved By Strong National Museum of Play  (Read 2442 times)

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
Saw this article on Variety this afternoon and passing it along as Bob Boden and Howard Blumenthal have co-founded the National Archives of Game Show History at the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, New York. And both will curate the collection that includes their collections and plans to acquire materials and records from game show professionals for the archive. And the Strong National Museum of Play also will produce new video interviews with creators, producers, hosts, and contestants.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: Game Show History To Be Preserved By Strong National Museum of Play
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 11:59:19 PM »
Pretty much "Heaven on Earth" or "Heaven in Rochester" as mentioned elsewhere!

Great news, and if/when this ever gets to a public stage, it'll make for a more than meaningful trip.  Not that far of a road trip for me, but nonetheless this is a dream come true for a gameshow fan or fanatic courtesy of Mr. Boden and Mr. Blumenthal.  As mentioned elsewhere, in addition to a lot of past time goodies a chance to see a classic/retro prop!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:48:57 AM »
Hopefully those rare episodes found in UCLA's TV/Film Archive that you can't see at the Paley Center will be transferred over there to make it really worth visiting. I've recently read an article about one of Rochester's downtown freeways being demolished for a boulevard and although I've never been there, its something I'll certainly consider. About a six hour trip for me. I'd even like to see a section dedicated to all of the great production companies, announcers, and lovely assistants.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 12:48:46 PM »
I'm sure glad that Rochester is only 73 miles from Buffalo! 😃
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 02:17:30 PM »
Hopefully those rare episodes found in UCLA's TV/Film Archive that you can't see at the Paley Center will be transferred over there to make it really worth visiting. I've recently read an article about one of Rochester's downtown freeways being demolished for a boulevard and although I've never been there, its something I'll certainly consider. About a six hour trip for me. I'd even like to see a section dedicated to all of the great production companies, announcers, and lovely assistants.

The Inner Loop (NY 940T) was filled in for a piece. There's talk of filling in the rest.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 02:53:58 PM »
Rochester is my second home, and only a four hour drive away... definitely gonna have to stop in next time I'm there!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tdawgg3x

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 03:31:24 AM »
My hometown!!!!   :nipplesarehard:
"Help control the virus population, have your hard drives spayed or neutered."

-Nick Roche

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 09:34:09 PM »
Has any timeline been given at the moment for when the proposed display might open at the museum?